Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Bled during sex

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bled during sex
Neros_Neptune
Neophyte
Member # 11135

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Neros_Neptune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I lost my virginity last week and didn't bleed which I know is normal, but it hurt a little until the 7th time, then I bled. I thought it was my period, but since I'm on birth control I can tell when I wil get it and I definately wasn't supposed to. It only lasted a day and a half, and after sex didn't hurt at all. Hymen right? Even if we had sex 6 times prior and he was rather well endowed (I say that cause it seems like he would have already torn/broken my hymen)?

Thanks.

Posts: 36 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hard to say.

Could/can you insert your finger into your own vagina and use tampons pretty esily? If so, you disn't have a full hymen to begin with. Sexual intercourse is NOT needed to erode a hymen: in most cases, it does so on it's own due to regaular physical activity, masturbation, tampon use and menstrual flow.

And you're right: if you've had intercourse before, you most certainly had only a partial hymen, or your hymen may have been fully eroded before then, as well.

If sex is painful and you're bleeding this many times in, it's likely what was going on was that you weren't aroused or lubricated enough (be it naturally or by using enough latex-safe lubricant). Too, during certain times of our monthly cycles, we're a bit drier overall than others, and during those times, even when we're highly aroused and wanting intercourse, we may find we need to use a bit more lube than usual.

But rule of thumb: sex ever hurts, stop, figure out what the problem is, and adjust it. You don't want to be hurting yourself, and why would you have sex if it didn't feel good?

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The1andonlyAmber
Activist
Member # 12779

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The1andonlyAmber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you've only just started using the pill, there can be "spotting" that is bleeding. And it is totally normal!

I freaked out to, but my Boyfriend told me to relax and do some research and that it was probably due to the pill. And he was right!

Posts: 51 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neros_Neptune
Neophyte
Member # 11135

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neros_Neptune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks.

I couldn't insert fingers before, it always hurt a little. I used tampons a lot, but didn't have any trouble with them in general. Still fingers were definately no. The first time we had sex hurt very bad, I made him quit. The rest of the times hurt at first, and a little during, but not bad, and it wasn't a continous pain. Then I bled.

We also definatly were using enough lube because he couldn't really get it in without it, and the condoms seemed to dry the natural lube or something haha.

And I have been on birth control pills for nearly six months.

Hope I'm not oversharing I was just puzzeled I bled the seventh time.

Thanks again, I'm not too concerned. It only happened the one day. If it happens often or anything I'll see a gyn.

Peace

Posts: 36 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Neros_Neptune:
We also definatly were using enough lube because he couldn't really get it in without it, and the condoms seemed to dry the natural lube or something haha.

Just fyi, that's something we have the worst time trying to convince anyone about. The latex does not mix well with natural vaginal lubrication and will cause it to dry up really quickly. Latex and natural lube just don't mix. That's a big part of why we always encourage using extra condom-safe lube that is more compatable with the latex and won't dry up fast like that. So good for you for getting extra lube!

Also, definately see your gyn if you notice this again. And I'd also suggest that you mention it to him/her at your next appointment. Are you still having pain when you have sex? If so, then I'd definately suggest you mention that too.

------------------
Sarah Liz
Scarleteen Sexpert (and Labia Lady)

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.