Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » First Time

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: First Time
dayla_starr
Neophyte
Member # 12577

Icon 11 posted      Profile for dayla_starr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm finally ready for sex, and I have been ready for a while - I've actually attempted having sex with two or three different boyfriends, over a period of a couple years. However, each time I try, with any guy, his penis will only go in a few millimeters before it starts hurting. Badly. I know first intercourse will cause pain for any girl, but this pain is the worst thing I've *ever* felt...(okay, short of one time i had the flu and i thought i was dying. heh.) I feel like someone's piercing my insides with a knife.

I've read the article about first intercourse, and I'm fairly sure it's not a problem with an inpenetrable hymen - I've been fingered before, and although it hurts a tiny bit and feels a little weird, his whole finger fits in just fine.

So: has this happened to anyone else here? Do any of you have any suggestions or advice for what I should do?

Posts: 5 | From: Salisbury, MD | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mnsouthpawjr
Activist
Member # 9384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mnsouthpawjr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't really know if you're ready. Your body could be that tense as a way to show you that you're not ready.

You mentioned you've done some research and these articles may be of assistance (if you haven't read these):
http://www.scarleteen.com/sexuality/readiness.html
http://www.scarleteen.com/sexuality/firsttime.html
http://www.scarleteen.com/sexuality/advice_toobig.html
http://www.scarleteen.com/politics/virginity_4.html

I wish you the best of luck!!

Posts: 73 | From: Louisville, KY USA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kythryne
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5460

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kythryne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who wants to join me for a rousing chorus of the lube song? It goes like this:

Lube lube lube lube, lube lube lube lube, lube lube lube lube, lube lube lube lube, yay, waterbased lube!

In all seriousness, though, if you're not already doing so, make sure you're using good quality condoms (Kimono and Durex are two good brands) and lots and lots and LOTS of a good waterbased lube such as Astroglide or KY. Also, take your time, and make sure you're relaxed and aroused before attempting penetration. Pentration can be very painful if your vagina is too dry and there's too much friction, or if you're tense and trying to go too fast.

Posts: 1685 | From: New York City | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cathexis
Activist
Member # 5706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cathexis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even if you think you are ready to do it, you might be tense anyway. Happened to me. I was fairly calm, it was all pretty natural to me but it started hurting anyway. THEN I noticed I was tensing up anyway... And relaxed and everything went just FINE ^__^.
Posts: 106 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you been to the gynocologist yet? If not, then you should. You've been menstruating for several years now (I assume) and you're sexually active, so you definately should be seeing a gyn annually. Your gyn should be able to shed some light on the potential hymen issue and check to make sure that everything is alright.

------------------
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Sexpert (and Labia Lady)

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dayla_starr
Neophyte
Member # 12577

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dayla_starr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the advice, all - I'll see what happens.
Posts: 5 | From: Salisbury, MD | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smuck
Neophyte
Member # 12606

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
omg i have totaly the same problem!
actually, i've only tried sex once, and that was today! and thats why i came on here, coz it hurt soooo much that i just had to stop him, i felt sooo stupid, but he was soo nice and understanding, anyhow, yes i kinda need some answers too, plx help
xxx

Posts: 7 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
smuck, do read the articles that mnsouthpawjr linked to - they're likely to help answer your questions. Then you can post again if you've still got questions after that .

And there's nothing to feel "stupid" about, really. Sometimes sex - especially first-time intercourse - doesn't work out as we imagine it or plan it. That's just part of life .

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smuck
Neophyte
Member # 12606

Icon 7 posted      Profile for smuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
omg thanks soo much for that..i think i get it now hehe..it helped loads.
i dicided to show my boyfriend this site and we talked about it and figured out what was wrong, so im very pleased about that

thx everyone
xxx

Posts: 7 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.