Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » stop the noises...!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: stop the noises...!
nifty
Activist
Member # 11254

Icon 11 posted      Profile for nifty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i realise that is't normal, i've used the search, but do women HAVE to put up and shut up when it comes to "vaginal farting"
its where air gets trapped in the vagina and then comes out and makes a farting sound....it wont give you the bends but it IS pretty embarasing...
queefing, varting, fanny farts, many many names. it happens to loads of us!!! *looks around* hey, it happens to me sometimes
question is... how do you stop it??!!
or at least help it to not happen/not sound so bad??
thank you.
-nifty-

Posts: 52 | From: england | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Honestly, it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

With partnersex, we're exposed to loads of pretty intimate body fundtions and quirks, be it body fluids, the noises our bodies or mouths make, what have you. The trick honestly is to only choose partners you're comfortable enough with that that isn't a big deal, but something you can just have a chuckle over.

Certain positions do make that more likely to happen, so you can pay attention to that, but otherwise, there isn't much you can do. Look at the physiology of the vaginal canal: it's not a tube with openings at both ends, and air is bound to get pushed in. The only place for it to go then is back out.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68032 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shann2002
Activist
Member # 10090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shann2002     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I totally agree with Miz Scarlet. Choose a partners that you're comfortable enough with that the queefing is not a big deal. My boyfriend actually enjoys this. I don't know why, but I think it has something to do with the song "Whistle While You Twurk" by The Ying Yang Twins. It different stokes for different folks!
Posts: 127 | From: Da Dirty South | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 10 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
heh. my partner and I both think it's hilarious.
Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
duqserb
Neophyte
Member # 11493

Icon 12 posted      Profile for duqserb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
man thos vagina farts are SOOOO embarassing. I find that it usually happens with doggy style. But I hate it cuz it happens at the worst moment. Things are all hot and heavy and then your vagina farts! Me and my boyfriend do get a chuckle out of it, but I don't think its ever not going to be embarassing, you can't help that.

~D~

Posts: 38 | From: South Holland, IL , USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The way I see it, people make all sorts of bizarre noises during sex (hoots, howls, grunts, shrieks and the occasional sploot).

what's one more little ~pbbblt~ from your vagina?

laugh because you look sillier than you think, so you might as well.

------------------
Universal Law #4721: Any joke can be made funnier with the word "goatf**ker." Corollary, any story can be made more entertaining by adding a few ninjas.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Particular_State_of_Mind
Neophyte
Member # 11716

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Particular_State_of_Mind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, what's worse is when your boyfriend is going down on you, and suddenly get the urge to actually fart, so you try to let it out slowly and quietly but it never works. So he's down there and all of sudden your ass has pushed him away.
But he always goes back

------------------

Posts: 37 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shann2002
Activist
Member # 10090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shann2002     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
duqserb,
I believe you're right about that it happening mostly during doggystyle. I think people should talk to their partners about things like that.

Now i leave with a leave from a line from the song I mention in my last post:

(to the tune of whistle while you work) "whistle while you twurk (whistling)
go head and start and make that
pussy fart and whistle while you
twurk (twurk summin)."

Posts: 127 | From: Da Dirty South | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chatterbug
Neophyte
Member # 12138

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chatterbug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nifty:
i realise that is't normal, i've used the search, but do women HAVE to put up and shut up when it comes to "vaginal farting"
its where air gets trapped in the vagina and then comes out and makes a farting sound....it wont give you the bends but it IS pretty embarasing...
queefing, varting, fanny farts, many many names. it happens to loads of us!!! *looks around* hey, it happens to me sometimes
question is... how do you stop it??!!
or at least help it to not happen/not sound so bad??
thank you.
-nifty-

hows it goin?
do u think vaginal condoms would stop this shitty noise?

Posts: 1 | From: adelaide, sa, australia | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1) There's no need to quote an entire post.

2) Female condoms make their own noises, and won't stop air from getting into the vagina, so, while they're certainly a good form of birth control, they won't help their.

3) There's nothing 'shitty' or wrong with the way our bodies are made or perform. Please be respectful, and try to keep the swearing to a minimum or less.

------------------
Milke, with an L, SSBD, RATS, TMNTP

Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost
Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cathexis
Activist
Member # 5706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cathexis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I must agree there isn't much to worry about it,as it's so..natural ^^
I used to feel pretty embarassed about it too and I found that changing my positiong a bit ( not changing the WHOLE position, but a simple move of your hips or legs) may make the noise lessen or stop... But I still think you shouldn't worry about it ^^

Posts: 106 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DiamondGirl2K
Activist
Member # 9162

Icon 12 posted      Profile for DiamondGirl2K     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Scarleteen,
I have the same problem. When my boyfriend is performing manual sex on me, I hear that annoying sound! I always hear it and always thought my boyfriend never did. That is until last week when he brought it up to me. He asked me if I ever heard it before and I very calmly told him yes without being embarassed and we laughed about it. It's really no big deal and no one should worry themselves over it. It's gonna happen whether we like it or not so the best thing to do is laugh about it just like I did and then it won't seem so bad

------------------
*~BoNNie ~N~ ClYde~*
9~27~01
@<<-----
Still Going Strong!
Forever and Always!

[This message has been edited by DiamondGirl2K (edited 03-15-2003).]

Posts: 137 | From: The Home of The Greatest: NY | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.