Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Pregnancy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pregnancy
VeganBaby
Neophyte
Member # 10966

Icon 5 posted      Profile for VeganBaby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok i dont want any of you to think i'm like sick or ne thing, but i tried anal sex with my bf. and he came in me, can i get pregnant by that?
Posts: 2 | From: Las Vegas, Nevada, USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dude_who_writes
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5640

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dude_who_writes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
According to the article What's The Risk? - Five Easy Pregnancy Risk Assessment Flow Charts, you have a low to moderate risk for pregnancy. However, your risk for STD/STIs is very high, especially for unprotected anal intercourse. I would suggest that you get tested as soon as possible.

The next time you have sex, it's really necessary to use a condom, and generally we also suggest that you use some other method of birth control -- usually an oral hormonal contraceptive.

(I'm going to send this over to Sex Basics and Health, as it really belongs there.)

------------------
Tim
Scarleteen Advocate

I am not Dr. Freud, nor is he on staff. The talking cure this ain't.

Posts: 712 | From: Michigan, US | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 3 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Besides, why would we think you're sick? Anal sex is a perfectly normal human sexual behavior. Lots of people do it, and provided you're being safe about it, you shouldn't be concerned about how WE feel about it. We're not going to judge you for your activities, just let you know how you can practice them more safely.

You can indeed get pregnant from anal sex, though - not because your rectum connects with your vagina, because it doesn't, but because of gravity. Semen can drip from the anus down to the vagina and make you pregnant.

More than that, you stand a good chance of infection from anal sex and so does your boyfriend. Because you've got all sorts of bacteria hanging out around there, you can easily contract an infection in your vagina or your urinary tract.

Plus, condoms will make the whole experience more pleasurable - and a good lube, since that part of your body doesn't self-lubricate like the vagina can.

Check out Advice: Anal Sex for more.

------------------
Laurel Lemming
Scarleteen Advocate

"Ooh, I'll settle down with some old story/About a boy who's just like me/Thought there was love in everything and everyone, you're so naive!"-Belle and Sebastian, "Get Me Away From Here I'm Dying"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VeganBaby
Neophyte
Member # 10966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VeganBaby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks for the posts. ok so basically i could maybe possibly get pregnant. but i know for a definate fact that neither of us have any STD's, so i should be good on that part right? but explain to me this thing you said about gravity. ok he came in me.....i dont really understand how it just drips out? but hey if you can, email me at [e-mail address removed] b/c i check that more often than i do this thing
thanks again!

[This message has been edited by logic_grrl (edited 12-13-2002).]

Posts: 2 | From: Las Vegas, Nevada, USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzuunmod
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzuunmod     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can never know for a definite fact that someone (even yourself) has no STDs. They can tell you that they are clean, and you can choose to believe them, but that doesn't make it a fact. It never hurts to get tested for STDs.

------------------
"Will you help him change the world? Can you dig it?"
"Yes I can!"
-Chicago, Saturday in the Park (Yeah, yeah. Shut up.)

Posts: 1515 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Please do not post your email address in your messages. It's for your own safety, and it's also part of the guidelines which you agreed to follow when you signed up to use these boards.

quote:
but i know for a definate fact that neither of us have any STD's, so i should be good on that part right?

Nope. As lemming explained, even if neither of you are carrying any STDs, the rectum is naturally full of bacteria from faeces, which can lead to unpleasant infections if they get into the vagina or urinary tract.

quote:
but explain to me this thing you said about gravity. ok he came in me.....i dont really understand how it just drips out?

Well, your body doesn't magically make the semen disappear, so it has to go somewhere . So it will just "drip out", and can easily get smeared from the anus onto the vulva.

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 78

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bettie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is a recent posting that discusses the risks of having anal sex without a condom.
http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum2/HTML/002946.html

Basically, one can get a bacterial infection from the anus to the penis and from one's own anus to the vagina and urethra. We cannot see the bacteria but anal sexual activities can greatly increase the chances of transmitting the bacteria from place to place. Even if you have tested negatively for other STDs and STIs the naturally occuring bacteria exisits in the anus and can distrupt your vaginal and urethral health (guys and gals).

------------------
-Scarleteen Sexpert

"Glad to have a friend like you,
And glad to just be me"
-Carol Hall

Posts: 1060 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.