Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Sour tasting

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sour tasting
West1001
Activist
Member # 8317

Icon 1 posted      Profile for West1001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My boyfriend told me that when he performs oral sex on me, that I taste really sour "down there". Is that normal? I don't have any infections (checked out at the doc), and I wash every day, is this a natural thing, I always thought it was supposed to taste a little better...
Posts: 99 | From: Vancouver, BC, CANADA | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As long as you don't have any infections, then yep, that's pretty normal. Women have a flavor and a scent (quite commonly it will change during various parts of your cycle too), that's just sorta part of the territory. If your boyfriend has a problem with it, then I highly suggest using a dental dam during oral sex. That way you're protected, and he doesn't have to worry about any sort of taste that he might not prefer (keep in mind though that just because he doesn't like the taste does NOT mean that you "taste bad"). You can even throw a little mango (or whatever flavor you may prefer) lube on the outside of the dam, and there ya go...flavor galore!

------------------
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Advocate (and Labia Lady)

"The whole world is full of morons...they just congregate on the internet cause it's easy for them to push the buttons."

[This message has been edited by KittenGoddess (edited 09-17-2002).]

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mingo
Activist
Member # 7667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mingo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the "sour" taste, (I prefer to think of it as tangy) is because your vagina in it's normal healthy balance has a slightly acid ph, which tastes sour, like vinegar. the tangy taste indicates that the normal flora are in proper balance. An inexperinced young man may have taken the poetic language of fiction literaly and be expecting a "sweet" taste, but like so many things, that's not real.

------------------
We are starstuff, we are the universe made manifest, trying to figure itself out

Posts: 126 | From: Ferndale, Mi USA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.