Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Female pleasure during sex...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Female pleasure during sex...
chamberlain24
Neophyte
Member # 9762

Icon 5 posted      Profile for chamberlain24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I understand that for a woman to orgasm, the clitoris must be stimulated (as it is the peak of sexual pleasure). However, during sex where the man is on top, or the woman, the clitoris is not stimulated. So how does a woman enjoy sex so much if her clitoris is not being stimulated? Is the penis hitting some other spot inside her vagina to give her imense pleasure? Me and my bf started having sex and although it doesnt hurt, and its quite nice, i dont get any real pleasure from it. I know it will take time, and i dont like the idea of him stimulating my clitoris by hand whilst having sex, because it seems too complicated for us. So what does give a woman great sex?
Posts: 2 | From: P,A | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Let's remember that "sex" doesn't just mean "intercourse", okay?

Basically, because it doesn't provide much clitoral stimulation, intercourse doesn't just automatically generate "immense pleasure" for many women.

Some women enjoy vaginal stimulation, and some particularly enjoy stimulation of the "G-spot" (an area on the front wall of the vagina which some women find is very sensitive, because pressure on it puts pressure on the urethral sponge). And of course you can enjoy a sexual activity for the fun and intimacy involved, even if you don't reach orgasm during it.

But the majority of women do need at least some sort of clitoral stimulation in order to reach orgasm, and intercourse alone isn't always the most effective way of providing that. That's just a biological fact.

Check out this post from Miz S.:

http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum2/HTML/002281.html

[This message has been edited by logic_grrl (edited 08-29-2002).]

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chamberlain24
Neophyte
Member # 9762

Icon 5 posted      Profile for chamberlain24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for your reply. I have one more querie. Are there any specific positions which will provide the female with better stimulation? Like a position where the penis will have more contact/rub the clitoris?
Posts: 2 | From: P,A | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
confused333
Activist
Member # 6450

Icon 1 posted      Profile for confused333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
According to the guidelines we can't give advice on technique.

But experiment and find out yourself!

------------------
Why does a rose represent love, when a rose always dies??

Friends are like condoms, they help out when things get hard.

Posts: 473 | From: Virginia | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unfortunately, we're not allowed to give technique advice about such positions (laws being as they are, and having lots of minors visit the site, we're allowed to dispense information but not explicit advice on that topic.)

However, I would recommend that you experiment with your partner (with his co-operation, of course) and try different things and see what you enjoy.

[This message has been edited by ErinK (edited 08-29-2002).]

Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some women find that they get more clitoral stimulation in certain positions, but whether that's so (and which positions) really depends on your individual body (and his individual body). There are no recommendations which are going to work for everyone (and as confused has pointed out, we can't give "technique" advice anyway).

So if you want to explore, you can try different positions and see what works for you.

But to be honest, I think it's important not to get too hung-up on being able to achieve a "hands-free" orgasm during intercourse. You don't get a medal for it .

Sex shouldn't be about "succeeding" or "failing", and there's nothing wrong with getting your orgasms from activities other than intercourse (or from additional stimulation during intercourse), if that's what works best for you.

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Triple mind-meld!
Izzybella6
Activist
Member # 9724

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Izzybella6     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i'm kinda curiouse about how you said it would be too "complicated" for him to try and pleasure you manually during sex. ..

Have you at leaste tried it? or did your bf not cooperate or what? It's not difficult at all. It happens ALOT during sex specifically for the reason you stated in your post.

Posts: 56 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.