Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » pills

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: pills
warmandtender
Neophyte
Member # 9712

Icon 5 posted      Profile for warmandtender     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi, i was put to pills...i read on the paper that comes with the medicine that i should take it on the first day of menstruation.so i took the first pill on the first day but when i called my doctor he told me i should take it on the fifth day of menstruation.so i stopped for 3 or 4 days then took the second pill on the fifth day.my ? is:is this 3 day period a reason that this medicine is no longer useful?? by the way i've been takin these pills for 6 days regularly so is it gonna work or no? does this 3 days period get me into the risk of gettin pregnant?
one more ? : can anyone tell me the calculation oftime as when a woman gets pregnant?? thank you

Posts: 2 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
confused333
Activist
Member # 6450

Icon 1 posted      Profile for confused333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am guessing you mean birth control pills?

Usually you are supposed to take the pill the day after you finish menstruation.

With different pills, you have to wait a certain number of days before it is able to protect against pregnancy. Some take only a week, some a month.

I would say that to be safe, that you use another form of protection if you want to have sex other than the birth control pills for a month or so. Even after you should use a condom, so you have double protection against pregnancy and again std's.

quote:
can anyone tell me the calculation oftime as when a woman gets pregnant??

I really don't understand what you are asking here. Can you please make this more clear?

And welcome to the boards

------------------
Why does a rose represent love, when a rose always dies??

Friends are like condoms, they help out when things get hard.

Posts: 473 | From: Virginia | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
earth girl
Neophyte
Member # 7759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for earth girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I first started taking the pill I began taking them on the first day of my period...

All pills are different and therefore you really should do as the instructions tell you. Why your doctor gave you different instructions to the leaflet I don't know, because since you have not been taking a pill every day then yes, you should consider yourself unprotected and therefore use a secondary method of contraception, such as condoms.

Posts: 36 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.