Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » why?...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: why?...
play_withme_69
Activist
Member # 7238

Icon 4 posted      Profile for play_withme_69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am on birth control pills and i took the last pill 2 days ago and i stil havent got my period is there any reason why this is happening?
Posts: 42 | From: london ontario canada | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
confused333
Activist
Member # 6450

Icon 1 posted      Profile for confused333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes it takes a little while for the birth control pills to regulate your period. Is this the first pack you have gotten?

If it has been regular, see your doc who prescribed them to you. Is there any chance you could be pregnant? If so, take a test.

------------------
Why does a rose represent love, when a rose always dies??

Friends are like condoms, they help out when things get hard.

Posts: 473 | From: Virginia | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
froggish
Activist
Member # 6370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for froggish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Generally, my period comes Tuesday evening or even Wednesday during the day, and I take the last pill on Saturday. A couple of my friends who are on the pill (and all of us use ortho tri-cyclen, it might differ with the type of pill too) have pretty much the same thing happen. Also, like confused333 said, if it's your first pack, it might not totally regulate for a few months. Don't stress over it yet.

------------------
~*frog*~

Posts: 41 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.