Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » A Pill Question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A Pill Question
*BrownEyedGirl*
Neophyte
Member # 7845

Icon 5 posted      Profile for *BrownEyedGirl*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey all! I just started the Pill and am still kind of ignorant on certain facts about it so, I was wondering if anybody could answer a quick question for me about taking the Pill. I know you have to take it like the same time everyday, but does it have to be the EXACT same time? Like, if I were to forget to take it and remember like an hour later would it really make a difference, or does it not really matter as long as you take it around the same time?
Posts: 9 | From: San Diego, Ca, USA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the boards.

To answer your question, for the most effective results you should take the pill at the same time every day. You generally have a couple hours flexibility either way but it's definitely not a good habit to get into.

Do a quick search and you'll find tons of previous threads asking the same things and you'll also find some tips on how to remember to take it. Check out New to Scarleteen? for brief rundown of the search function.

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tel'kella
Neophyte
Member # 6109

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tel'kella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check the insert that came with the pill package, and if it's not there or doesn't tell you, call the doctor who prescribed it. There are many different formulations of the pill. With SOME of them, you do have a few hours of flexibility, but it varies.

[This message has been edited by Tel'kella (edited 04-16-2002).]

Posts: 37 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*BrownEyedGirl*
Neophyte
Member # 7845

Icon 7 posted      Profile for *BrownEyedGirl*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanx for answering! Yeah, I ended up just calling the place that I got them from (just in case) and the lady told me it was fine.
Posts: 9 | From: San Diego, Ca, USA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.