Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » ''i'm orgasmic just thinking about it!'' - not!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ''i'm orgasmic just thinking about it!'' - not!
insatiablesmiles
Activist
Member # 6228

Icon 1 posted      Profile for insatiablesmiles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey
this isn't, a sort of, cry for help, plea for assistance type post ... it's more me wondering if anyone else has had the same experience as me ...
anyway. just over a month ago i started having sex with a new partner. it's great. very good. fun. everything sex should be. [and as safe as possible, of course!] i have yet to have an orgasm, but i'm not complaining cuz i still enjoy it.
but. an episode of Sex and the City last week [on UK tv] made me think. Samantha [40+, frankly a slut] Lost Her Orgasm.
this got me to thinking about the last time i had an orgasm. which was probably some time back in november, maybe december. and as far as i remember, it wasn't especially great. just. orgasmic. still an orgasm, but nothing on my usual. and took -long- time. and. it's not that i ... haven't tried. i've been masturbating for -years- and always always been able to orgasm. and then. *poof*. gone. [well. not quite like that.]
i'm not panicking. i'm just wondering. sort of ranting maybe, too! i'm pretty sure i haven't had the last orgasm of my life [i'm only 17!] but it's a smidge on the ... irritating side! i miss them!
anyone had this?!

heehee
-pandora
xxo

------------------
- you think you're the only one who's sexually frustrated?
- well come on baby , i'm ready!

[ american beauty ]

Posts: 100 | From: london, england | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dude_who_writes
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5640

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dude_who_writes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's a really great article you should read, titled Sexual Response and Orgasm. It'll give you some reasons as to why you are having this problem.

What it comes down to, basically, is that orgasm is a physical thing, but a mental thing as well. Sometimes you just won't orgasm, whether by your own stimulation or that of a partner.

There are also some previous threads on this topic, so feel free to peruse them: http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum2/HTML/001681.html http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum2/HTML/000160.html

------------------
Tim

"Read the Bible again sometime. Women are painted as bigger antagonists than the Egyptians and Romans combined. It stinks." --"Serendipity," Dogma

Jane knows Connie; she doesn't care to know Dick.

Posts: 712 | From: Michigan, US | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.