Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Sptting and swallowing

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sptting and swallowing
Brenda_91
Activist
Member # 3771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brenda_91     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

I know that I will be reprimanded for this , but twice I've give my boyfriend a blow job, and neither time have we used condoms. I know, however, that's he clean-- I won't catch an STD from him, so I'm okay with it.

Anyways, both times I swallowed. It just seemed like the logical thing to do. But what exactly do you do if you spit? This is purely a question based on curiosity.

Karyn

Posts: 60 | From: Michigan, US | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How do you know he is clean?

Have you been monogamous for at least 1 year?

Have you been practicing safer sex for one year?

Have you both had TWO negative full STD and STI screens?

If your answer is No to any of the following, you do not know for sure he is STD free. Heck, you won't know even if you say yes to all the questions.

You know hon, it is very very upsetting to know that our posters have so much safer sex information in front of them and still choose to indulge in sexual practices which are unsafe.

Spitting or swallowing is not an issue here simply because we advocate using condoms for male oral sex. However, in answer to your question, I would assume that you just either went to the bathroom to spit the semen out or have something ready to spit the semen into.

[This message has been edited by Lin (edited 06-21-2001).]

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mophead
Activist
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mophead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, hon, but I'm with Lin on this one. There's a good chance of you picking up something. I'm sure you know how to use a condom, but if you don't, click here: http://www.scarleteen.com/infection/condom.html
Put some lube into the condom before rolling it on your partner's penis. If he complains, leave.

------------------
My menstrual diary
Updated as often as my uterus

If I run by the window real fast no-one will notice I'm naked.

Posts: 752 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And if you learn to put a condom on with your mouth (practice first! You have to watch out for teeth and air bubbles and such) I'm sure he won't complain But, in answer to your question, most of the silly girls I know spit it into a tissue afterwards

------------------
Brittany
Scarleteen Advocate

real poetry is all based on this old myth about this beautiful, scary, trippy goddess who the poet wants to possess but he always loses her to this shadowy other guy - Girl Goddess #9

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mshorselady
Neophyte
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mshorselady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My bf and I are at a similar place in our relationship as Brenda_91. We have alot a serious talks about where we are in our love(sex) life. We decided to go and get tested for std's and are happy to report that we both are negative. (We should cause we are both virgins and are in a monogamous relationship for 4 years.) We plan to have sex later this summer but for now just do each orally. When we got tested for std and got the results we asked the doctor if we could forgo condoms and dental dams with a reasonable certainity of not contracting an std and he said the risk is extremelt slight. The risk of driving to his office is greater then the risk of catching std as long as we remain monogamous. I don't say this to give the impression that everyone can forgo protection from std but with knowing your partner inside and out you can have a certain security of your risks. I swallowed for the first time two days ago.

Posts: 5 | From: jefferson,ohio usa | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StAr143
Neophyte
Member # 4454

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StAr143     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The one time I did it, we were in the car, and I opened the door and spit it outside... :-) he keeps a bottle of water in there....so i can rinse my mouth out... we have a very open relationship. :-D
Posts: 10 | From: United States of America | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mshorse, you haven't at all been irresponsible, nnor do you give that impression.

In fact, you have followed all the general sexual health guidelines for safer sex practices, so long as you both DO stay monogamous.

So, there ya go.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.