Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Alcohol

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Alcohol
just_me
Neophyte
Member # 3955

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just_me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey,
Does alcohol have any effect on sexual functions? My girlfriend told me I had "whiskey dick" one night, and she tried to explain it to me, but i don't think she really knew as much about it as she thought she did...
thanks--

Posts: 4 | From: Montana | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ahh, the Bard said it best. "It inflames the desire, and inhibits the performance."

guess what! being drunk makes it a lot harder to get your penis up! and the slowed motor coordination can spell disaster in bed -- lots of fumbling and clumsiness.

for women, alcohol can decrease her ability to lubricate, which means less sexual arousal.

and overall, a lot of booze can lead people to do some stupid things. i highly do not recommend being drunk and unaware of your surroundings, that's just plain dangerous.

------------------
| |: BGBGDGBG BGBGCGBG :| |

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laughs_Wisely
Activist
Member # 2610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laughs_Wisely     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Drunk sex bad. As a generalisation, anyway.
You could mishandle a condom and not realise it. You could get into an awkward position and not be able to get out of it. You could get a concussion (my girlfriend almost did with her last boyfriend). There's a whole lot of 'you coulds' that go with drunken coitus. None of them are particularily pleasant. Listen to Gumdrop (who stole my Shakespeare line. MacBeth or Hamlet? I can't remember.)

------------------
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
( Tr. "I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head." )

Posts: 140 | From: Saskatoon, SK, Canada | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Macbeth.

While alcohol tends to make me bolder and more aroused, I find that when it actually comes to consummating the act, I would much rather fall asleep.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ehh, the one thing that will stay in my mind for, basically eternity, is a story my friend told me. She and her boyfriend got drunk and decided to have sex. In the middle of it they started puking on each other. Can we say yuck yuck!? No thank you...

------------------
Brittany
Scarleteen Advocate

real poetry is all based on this old myth about this beautiful, scary, trippy goddess who the poet wants to possess but he always loses her to this shadowy other guy - Girl Goddess #9

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlirtieGirlie
Activist
Member # 2510

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlirtieGirlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooo, we just read Macbeth in English class, and when my teacher got to that part about how alcohol inhibits the performance, she felt the need to elaborate, talking about erections and what not. Not exactly the type of thing you want to hear from your 50 year old english teacher, right before lunch.

------------------
A good friend will bail you out of jail, but a best friend will be sitting next to you in the jail cell saying, "THAT WAS SO AWESOME!!"

If there's no chocolate in heaven, I ain't going :)

Posts: 141 | From: The Bolton Ghetto, Mass. :-) | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
y'know, i hear a lot of stories of "yeah we got really hammered and then we ducked into an empty room and started doing it" from my peers (it's college ) and even around here. well, it really doesn't sound that great nor impressive to me, and it seems a lot of the people who tell these stories always talk about how much they didn't want to, or how the regretted it later, or how it broke up their relationship with thier sig. other, or how they got herpes that way. awful. just awful.

let's just avoid that madness and learn when to stop. there's no reason to get wasted beyond your control. your body hates it. you look and act stupid. and the morning after ain't no picnic. there's too much that can go wrong when you mix sex with alcohol.

------------------
| |: BGBGDGBG BGBGCGBG :| |

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aquamarine
Activist
Member # 3296

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aquamarine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
amen, gummy!
Posts: 87 | From: bay area & new england | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.