Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » thoughts about sex... new to me

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: thoughts about sex... new to me
star1120
Activist
Member # 1624

Icon 1 posted      Profile for star1120     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
alright- i seem to be in the minority among people i know when it comes to sex, sexual thoughts, masurbation, etc.
i haven't had sex, i don't masturbate and i rarely have any kind of sexual thoughts or fantasies.
i've been kind of seeing this guy for a while. like we go out everyonce in a while and we hang out and we went to each others proms. we haven't even kissed yet. i like him a whole lot and lately, these thoughts/images of having sex with him just pop in my head! it's driving me crazy cuz i don't think about it on purpose, they just pop up! it's really kind of new to me and i feel wierd about thinking about him and i like that.
i guess i'm just asking for ideas or thoughts about this or something, i'm not even sure what i'm asking!
but it's definitely odd... for one because i don't plan on having sex anytime soon but i could definitely feel comfortable with him. not *now* but i could see it happening in the future if we end up serious...
ahh! it's all news to me...

------------------
" Life move pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Posts: 183 | From: ohio, usa | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't worry, it's completely normal. Sexual feelings can be pretty powerful, so it can be a bit of a shock when they start kicking in, but it's a natural process, and you can use it as a way to start thinking about what is good/not good for you sexually. It doesn't mean that you have to start having sex with your partner- you seem to know yourself well enought to know that you're not ready at the moment- but there's absolutely nothing wrong with thinking about it.
Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
x

[This message has been edited by BruinDan (edited 09-25-2002).]

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mophead
Activist
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mophead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That sounds very normal. Most people go through the EXACT same thing. I was in sixth grade. It's okay, eventually that will calm down a little. And even if it doesn't, it doesn't seem like it's affecting your life.

By the way, it's good that you know you don't want to have sex with this person. Sexual thoughts/fantasies are normal, and don't mean that you are ready for sex. It just means you've got a regular brain.

------------------
My menstrual diary
Updated as often as my uterus

If I run by the window real fast no-one will notice I'm naked.

Posts: 752 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.