Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » extra lube.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: extra lube.
exit seraphim
Activist
Member # 2566

Icon 1 posted      Profile for exit seraphim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was oh so preparing myself and i printed out the readiness checklist and handed it over to my boyfriend in the hallway during school today.

we were going through it (ahh it's a nice thing to be comfortable enough to just talk about sex randomly) and he said that the bottle of extra lube wasn't necessary if you got lubricated condoms.

i was just wondering...is that right? or should i march myself over to the nearest covenience store and pick some up along with condoms? i was planning on getting it anyway...but i was just wondering if it was necessary.

thanks!

-justine

Posts: 142 | From: H*Ton, NY | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PoetgirlNY
Activist
Member # 168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PoetgirlNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup, the extra lube is necessary. Even lubricated condoms still have very little lube on them. Besides which, there's no such thing as too much lube. Always good to have more than you need on hand. And that's great that you're going through the sex readiness checklist with your boyfriend. You go girl.

------------------
*Limes Are Sublime*

Posts: 1101 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In a word, anyone -- nay, anyone -- who has been on the recieving end of penetration with and without lube generally knows that lubricant is a Good Thing, and it is awfully nice to have around all the time.

Beyond making a HUGE difference in keeping condoms intaact, it also can really make a great deal of difference in terms of your comfort and enjoyment.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 67221 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
by the way, may i recommend Astroglide. I swear, it beats the pants off Snapple in terms of what's the "best stuff on earth."

remember, even pre-lubed condoms can break. additional lube will prevent condom breakage.

------------------
| |: BGBGDGBG BGBGCGBG :| |

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SlowCookie
Activist
Member # 589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowCookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm with Miz Scarlet. There is a big difference between a pre-lubricated condom and a condom with extra lube. It's something you can definitely feel. Ask anyone, once you've tried Astroglide or another good quality lubricant, you don't go back to simply using pre-lubricated condoms.

Go get some lube. It makes everything feel better but more importantly, it keeps the condom together. Pre-lubricated condoms have very little lubrication and it certainly doesn't last very long.

I'm an Astroglide fan too. It is honestly the best stuff in the world.

Posts: 681 | From: Florida, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.