Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Yeast infection or not.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Yeast infection or not.
CuriouS GeorgE
Activist
Member # 3136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CuriouS GeorgE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey everybody

Well as some of you may know, I had a few posts in "Ask a Sexpert" about yeast infections and they pretty much told me to go to the doctor. No problem here. I tried making an appointment and I couldn't get in, so I'm going to try again on monday, but the weird thing is, all the symptoms I had (itchiness in and around the vaginal opening & pain while urinating) have suddenly disappeared!! I pretty much woke up one day and I felt nothing. It doesn't burn to go pee, it's not itchy and it doesn't hurt during intercourse. What's going on here?!! Has this ever happened to anyone? Is it possible that whatever I MAY have had (or didn't have) just went away? I'm very surprised that everything went away. Please help!! Thanks

------------------
CuRioUs GeoRGe

Love is an irrisistable desire to be irrisistably desired.
-Robert Frost

Posts: 76 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CallMeBuffChick
Activist
Member # 2101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CallMeBuffChick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe or maybe not. You should still go see a doctor, because it might come back ever worse.

------------------
Every time someone says, 'I don't believe in fairies,' one falls over dead.

Posts: 433 | From: Wichita, Ks | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Buff Chick is right, just because symptoms disappear, doesnt mean that your infection is gone. Check with your doctor, just to play it safe.

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
*~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer, but wish we didn't" -Erica Jong<~~~no thats not me :)

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeast infections are sneaky suckers. And what looks like a yeast infection could easily be just irritation during period time from pads or tampons ... But you're not a doctor. And neither are we. Your yeast infection may just be sleeping and could wake up any minute. Thats the way they work.

I gotta agree w/ those big bad sexperts and the other posters in this thread ... If this is your first yeast infection or there is any doubt in your mind that this is one, you need so see a doctor. Or plan to stop and scratch your crotch (which isn't recomended as this can cause little scratches, rashes and more irritation if you're not careful ... and how can you be? Fingernails don't belong in that area) every few seconds and wiggle your tushie everytime you get an itch. B/c it will come back. They don't go away on their own.

Check out this link out for more info on yeast infections
http://www.scarleteen.com/infection/fbi_yeast.html

------------------
When mom found my diaphram, I told her it was a bathing cap for my cat.
~ Liz Winston

In a Smurf's world ...

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.