Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Oral sex-female

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Oral sex-female
Alabaster
Neophyte
Member # 3399

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alabaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well this is a bit embarassing but its that's what the anonymity of the internet is for I suppose. My gf and I have been going out for a few months now and I recently lost my virginity to her. We've been having sex fairly regularly since, and it's been an all around good thing for both of us. She's given me head though, wich is good, but I've not returned the favor cause for one I'm not sure how to go about it (and no I'm not asking for sugesstions) and two because there is a strange, and rather unpleasent odor comeing from "down there". Is this odor normal, and something I'll just ger over, or does she maybe have an infection of some sort?
Posts: 18 | From: Salisbury, MD | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Moonlight
Activist
Member # 384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady Moonlight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All women are different, but many of us have some sort of odor at close range, which may or may not be pleasant to our partners.

The most common vaginal infection (I believe) is a yeast infection. In my personal experience, yeast infections really do smell "yeasty"--ever smelled rising bread?

Your partner may have an infection, or she may be just fine and you're just not used to her scent. Most likely, only a doctor can tell for sure.

I should also note that some vaginal infections can be spread to a partner during oral sex, thus becoming oral infections. Dental dams are always a good idea.

Posts: 943 | From: Missouri, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThisGuy
Activist
Member # 968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThisGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it bothers you, ask her to take a shower first, and (definitely) use dental dams.

I don't mind my girl's smell - its a personal thing.

------------------
Bow down before me, for I am Testicles the mighty Greek warrior!

Posts: 915 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laughs_Wisely
Activist
Member # 2610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laughs_Wisely     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A smell is normal from the vaginal area. It's usually musky, sometimes a little tangy, and usually very rich and dominating. Nothing else really smells the same. Anything that smells odd to you should inspire you (and her) to check out some of the previous poster's excellent suggestions.

------------------
"I myself have never been able to find out precisely what feminism is: I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat." (Rebecca West)

Posts: 140 | From: Saskatoon, SK, Canada | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.