Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » circumcision

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: circumcision
ComeOriginal
Neophyte
Member # 2651

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ComeOriginal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how can you tell if a boy is circumcised or not? I dont get it....is it that obvious?
Posts: 33 | From: Georgetown, TX, USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
entropie
Activist
Member # 26

Icon 1 posted      Profile for entropie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Circumcision is the removal of the foreskin, and yes, it's usually pretty obvious whether he is cut or uncut. In a flaccid state, the foreskin (usually) covers the head (glans) of the penis.

There's a few words on circumcision here

entropie

------------------
Scarleteen Advocate, not to be confused with Advocaat

I have yet to meet a C compiler that is more friendly and easier to use than eating soup with a knife.

The three most dangerous things are a programmer with a soldering iron, a manager who codes, and a user who gets ideas.

Posts: 1030 | From: Aotearoa | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThisGuy
Activist
Member # 968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThisGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If there is a retractable fold of skin over the top, then he's uncircumsized. If he just has smooth, taut, purply skin, then he's circumsized.

------------------
Cranial space for rent.

Posts: 915 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jolie
Neophyte
Member # 3320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jolie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok... well i have this friend who had the exact same question a little while ago... after showing her pictures in a book, she came up with the very true idea that a circumcized penis' head looks like a mushroom. SO go with that if all else fails!
Posts: 5 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
$uMMeR
Activist
Member # 2658

Icon 1 posted      Profile for $uMMeR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I would think it's pretty obvious.

------------------
*Read my diary

*Read my page

*And...alwayz :)

Posts: 194 | From: city of Anghelz | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.