Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » what do you say after?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: what do you say after?
Nookiebabe16
Activist
Member # 2190

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nookiebabe16     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was just wondering, is there a such thing as the "proper" thing to say after sex? I mean me and my boyfriend plan on just looking in each others eyes , but my friends have been telling me you should say things. Likw what?! i mean like "thank you?" thats a little wierd. I was just wondering, but i guess its based on the individuals
Posts: 58 | From: Massachusetts, U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you would be very weird.

Why not just whatever comes to your mind? If it's I Love You, then say it. If it's nothing, don't say nothing. If it's ewww, don't say. I don't think critisms are appreciated .

------------------
Bad Cats!!

Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mophead
Activist
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mophead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What do you want to say? Personally, I think that if you're having sex, you should be at the level of communication where knowing what to say after isn't such a big deal.

What would you feel like saying after?

------------------
My menstrual diary
Updated as often as my uterus

Posts: 752 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i've been thanked afterwards before, and I simply don't like it. it sort of makes me feel like i've done them some service and that now they have to leave some cash on the nightstand and taxi fare so I can leave in the morning. it weirds me out.

i do what i do 'cause i care. i don't need to be thanked. but that's just me.

my boyfriend and i spend time staring at each other. i tell him i love him. he tells me he loves me. then we'll crack jokes or i'll rant about politics or rant about my classes. or we'll talk about what we want for dinner or breakfast or lunch. it's normal conversation.

------------------
This space reserved for the free exchange of thoughts and ideas.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unhappykoger
Activist
Member # 1514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unhappykoger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
me and my husband just get up and do our own thing seperately after sex. i dont know why but we both just get up and walk off. we used to look in each others eyes but not anymore. and we do still thank each other every now and then. but i guess we a little different because we have been together for a while and nothing is weird anymore.

------------------
frozendream1026@aol.com

http://www.angelfire.com/oh2/koger

Posts: 365 | From: dayton,ohio,u.s.a. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Who's making dinner?"
"Could you get me a glass of water?"
"Umm, you may want to remove that condom before you put your pants on."
"Well, that was fun."
"Boy, I'm tired."
"We should do that more often."
"I hope we weren't too loud for the neighbors."
"Okay, you make the bed and I'll get the coffee."
"This mattress really stinks. We need to get a new bed."
"I love you."
"I like you."
"Same time next week?"
"Gee whiz!"
"Good night."
"Good morning."

...or nothing. In other words, sex is a normal part of your life, not an alien abduction. You'd say whatever you feel like saying based on how you feel at the moment. "Planning" what you'll do or say implies that sex is NOT a normal part of your life, or something you feel you can do comfortably.

Be yourself.

(And if you find yourself saying things after sexual activites like this: "What was your name again?" "Oops, I thought YOU said you'd remember to use a condom." "Get me a beer," or "That felt awful, per usual," you may want to rethink your sexual life or habits. Big time.)

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

"If you're a bird, be an early early bird --
But if you're a worm, sleep late." - Shel Silverstein

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You: "Ohhhh....that was so wonderful!"

Boyfriend: "Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

=)

--Danny

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why do you have to say anything? Just hold eachother, or why not turn on the TV? I mean there is nothing that say, you have to say something after sex.

Its just normal for my boyfriend and I to talk after sex, whatever comes to our mind its not a big deal and it never was. Just say what you feel.

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
*~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer, but wish we didn't" -Erica Jong<~~~no thats not me :)

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nothing very romantic unfortunately.

"Don't open the door. I have't put my pants on yet"

"That was fun"

"I'm going to watch soccer."

"Oh my, you never did that before"

But we never not say anything. We're kinda talkative people. Oh fine, I'm talkative and I just have to say something every minute.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 78

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bettie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Time for a snack tends to be something my husband and I say fairly often.

Seriously, I agree with Heather, if you have to have a script about your feelings or mood, then that doesn't seem very "comfortable". Yes, indeed, be yourself!

------------------
Louise Lalonde
-Scarleteen Sexpert & Volunteer du Jour

"Glad to have a friend like you,
And glad to just be me"
-Carol Hall

Posts: 1060 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
loveable me
Neophyte
Member # 2915

Icon 1 posted      Profile for loveable me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After sex i feel like i just want to crawl inside my boyfriend so i just hold him as tight as i can and hope he feels how much i need him.
Posts: 28 | From: København, Denamrk | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keoki_14
Activist
Member # 1312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keoki_14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, since sex is different for everyone, I would think that an after response would be different also. So... It's all up to you.

------------------
"No day is so bad it can't be fixed with a nap."
--Carrie Snow

"A mistake is simply another way of doing things."
--Katharine Graham

The best website ever: www.evilrobots.com (I am related to the founder!)

Posts: 620 | From: Columbia, MD, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mophead
Activist
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mophead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"I gotta go; my mom needs the phone."
"I gotta reboot my computer."
"ICQ isn't responding... hang on a sec."
"Thank you master."

------------------
My menstrual diary
Updated as often as my uterus

Posts: 752 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eclipse
Activist
Member # 2254

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eclipse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LOL! Now, this would be a fun stupid-college-party game. A particularly uninhibited group could do a "guess which ones are real" competition. ;-)'

"Hurry up and get dressed, we still have to walk home."

"You're such a naughty boy!"

"Ahhh, that was nice. Time for sleep."

"That reminded me of something I was reading on Scarleteen the other day..."

"That wasn't in 'The Perfumed Garden,' was it?"

"Again!"

"You can turn the music off now..."

Posts: 257 | From: Sarasota, FL | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"That new lube was FABULUOUS!"

"How many times did that CD go on repeat?"

"Woah."

"So do you reckon we can still make it to the shops on time?"

"I don't think you still want to go to your lecture now, do you?"

"Where did you throw my undies/socks/bra?"

"Hm, we should change the sheets later."

"purrrrrrrrrrrr."

"hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ich liebe dich, Männchen."

We always talk. We talk during sex and after sex and before sex. So what we say afterwards really doesn't differ very much from other random conversations.
And I agree with everyone else: Be yourself. No need for a post-sex script.

------------------
"I am capable of, but sometimes not interested in making myself happy."

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Haha You guys are great

Hey Alaska: "Schnurr fur mich, katze!" I used to say that to my girlfriend allll the time.

--Danny

------------------
Remember...absence makes the heart grow fungus.

ICQ# 3953848

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momma cat
Activist
Member # 363

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momma cat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"My *insert guys name*", then he says "My *insert my name*"
Wow
I love you
You're the best
Can I get some blanket?
Where's the kleenex?
You're roommate's not coming back anytime soon, right?
Here's your shirt...where'd you throw mine?

Posts: 155 | From: WA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.