Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Bump! Ahhh!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bump! Ahhh!
XoXoGrl8
Activist
Member # 2834

Icon 1 posted      Profile for XoXoGrl8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, something freaky is happenin. I woke up this morning with a strange bump near my genital area. It hurts so bad and looks like one huge pimple but I'm not sure. It's red and really icky and I just want it to go away.

I'm 13.. not sexually active in any way - so I know it can't be a STD or anything.

Anybody know what it is and how to get rid of it?

------------------
-Ashli-

"Treat me like an angel and you'll go to heaven."

Posts: 132 | From: New Jersey...US | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hanne
Sexpert
Member # 100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It may well be a zit. Ingrown hairs and zits can happen down there, and often do.

Try putting a hot compress on it (a hot washcloth) or taking a hot bath.

If it doesn't go away in a week, see a nurse or a doc. But I'm gonna bet it's just a zit.

------------------
Hanne Blank
Co-Editor, Scarleteen

Start a Revolution -- Stop Hating Your Body!

Posts: 1538 | From: boston, ma, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hanne's right, try the hot compress!

But just FYI, just because you're not sexually active, doesn't mean that you 100% absolutely cannot have an STD. They're called STD's cause they can be transmitted sexually, not because they can only be transmitted sexually. Your risk of picking one up isn't nearly as high as someone who is sexually active...I guess I just wanted to point out that it wasn't impossible, just unlikely.

~KittenGoddess

------------------
"Reality is nothing but a collective hunch."
~Lily Tomlin

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CallMeBuffChick
Activist
Member # 2101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CallMeBuffChick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My friend found two bumps. One inside her outter lip, and another not some much near her vulva but more so near her hip. She said she barely squeezed the one near her hip and whitish brownish stuff sguirted out followed by some blood. She also said the bump on the inside is really small and it hasn't bothered her at all. I told her I'd go to the Planned Parenthood with her so we'd both get checked but she's scared. Does she really have anything to worry about? (well yeah I know she does but how can I convince her to go)

------------------
To be a princess is to be an actress, but not necessarily a good one.
Don't dream your life, live your dream

Posts: 433 | From: Wichita, Ks | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hanne
Sexpert
Member # 100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tell her that if she goes she'll be a sexual health hero and can be a role model for other people, because it is always scary at first when you start taking care of your own health care and everyone needs a good example.

------------------
Hanne Blank
Co-Editor, Scarleteen

Start a Revolution -- Stop Hating Your Body!

Posts: 1538 | From: boston, ma, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AshleyInABottle
Activist
Member # 1029

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AshleyInABottle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd say..(to the original person who posted the question)..you really have nothing to worry about. I am 17, and I get them VERY frequently, sometimes more than one at a time, and sometimes one right after the other. I have been to the gyno a couple times about it, and she took a look at me and told me that nothing was wrong, that they were pimples, and sometimes they were really painful ingrown hairs. If you sit in the tub in hot water, it will help..or you can run a wash rag under hot water and hold it on the bump. They usually go away soon after you do that.

------------------
"I do what my rice krispies tell me to do"

Posts: 156 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.