Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » "burning" related to oral sex?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "burning" related to oral sex?
Sallynha
Activist
Member # 312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sallynha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all. It's been a while since I've looked through the boards, mainly because now I'm at College and there's a lot of work to do :\
But that's no the reason I'm here
Yesterday it was the 1st time me and my boyfriend performed oral sex on eachother. We are both "virgins", we're first boy/girlfriends, so as we don't have a past sexual life neither any STD (we've both been tested), we didn't use any kind of condom. Today, when I was urinating, I felt a slight feeling of "burning" down there as the urine came out, then it stopped. It wasn't so bad but as it had never happened to me (at least that I can remember), I thought I'd ask if it's normal, what can it be and what can be the cause of, and if there is the possibility it can be related to any disease. It happened that single time, so I guess it's normal and has nothing to do with oral sex, but then again I'm just trying to understand my body

Thanks for your help!!

------------------
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
~~~~Sallynha~~~~
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Posts: 390 | From: * my own little shell * | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm, this is why it's important to use a dental dam or cling film or some other barrier method even for cunnilingus.

You sound like you are experiencing a urinary tract infection. Your urethra could have picked up bacteria from your boyfriend's saliva and become infected. Other common symptoms of UTI include frequent urges to urinate and slight blood spotting in urine.

go see your doctor. he or she can give you some medication to relieve the infection. Leaving a UTI untreated leads to some serious complications -- kidney infections, bladder infections, even blood poisoning in some cases.

------------------
Maurice! Bring in the albinos! muwahahahahaha!!!

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sallynha
Activist
Member # 312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sallynha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for your reply... but...

hmmm... I said it happened that single time and was not at all a "heavy" burning, just unusual feeling... do you really think it can be something serious?

And I feel a little embarrassed asking this, but as English is not my first language I've read in a lot of topics we should use dental dam and so on, but can you explain me what those things really are? I mean, describe them or something, so I can know what I should look for? I'm gonna try a dictionary but I'm pretty sure those words don't appear there... once again, thanks for your help!

------------------
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
~~~~Sallynha~~~~
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Posts: 390 | From: * my own little shell * | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
entropie
Activist
Member # 26

Icon 1 posted      Profile for entropie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Sally...

A dental dam is like a thin latex shield place on the genitals to prevent the transmission of bodily fluids (and STDs/STIs) from one person to another when engaging in oral sex..
You can make one by cutting a condom longways to make a sheet.. or if that fails, use clingfilm

Hope that helps

entropie

[This message has been edited by entropie (edited 09-25-2002).]

Posts: 1030 | From: Aotearoa | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kudos for getting tested! But condoms or some other protection should also be vital.

Sounds to me like a a possible urinary tract infection (UTI). It's best to get it checked out soon, before it becomes a problem. Usually they aren't anything serious. And it's probably not from oral sex, just coincidence. But I may be wrong (Mz S?). So, to prevent it from happening again if it is a side effect, use some protection.

------------------
Yeah, well I'VE got blood dripping out of a hole between my legs, do YOU?!?
there is a difference between being stupid and being ditzy. i ought to know

Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hanne
Sexpert
Member # 100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It may be the beginnings of a UTI, or it could simply be irritation due to having had your urethra stimulated during sex. Sometimes, the urethra gets touched or stimulated during sexual activity, and while this doesn't always cause a problem, it can sometimes leave you a little sensitive for the next day or so. This can be particularly true when you and/or your partner are new to one another, or new to having sex, and are still figuring out what to do and what's where.

In general, it's best to stay away from stimulating the urethra very much. It's delicate tissue, is *highly* sensitive (though not really all that sensitive in a sexual way), and the PH balance inside the urethra is pretty sensitive and easily upset. Sometimes, we might accidentally mash into it with a finger or tongue, though, and it just is a little uncomfortable for a day or so. That can happen with or without a dental dam, so you just have to be a little careful of it.

If the burning/tingling doesn't go away in a day or two, or if it gets *worse* rather than better, do go see a doctor. Those are signs of UTIs, and you want to get those treated as soon as you can.

Let me also give you a brief description of a dental dam: a dental dam is any impermeable barrier (latex ones are available, or you can just use plastic wrap or clingfilm) that is put between a woman's vulva and her partner's mouth for oral sex.
If you were to use a piece of plastic wrap, you'd tear off a piece of plastic wrap, you or your partner would smear some water-based lubricant on one side (the side that will go against your body), place the lubed side of the plastic wrap over your vulva, and then lick/kiss/stimulate you through the piece of plastic wrap. Your vaginal fluids stay on your side, your partner's saliva stays on your partner's side, and it makes it much less likely that you might transmit any disease organisms from mouth to vulva or vulva to mouth.

------------------
Hanne Blank
Co-Editor, Scarleteen

Start a Revolution -- Stop Hating Your Body!

Posts: 1538 | From: boston, ma, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
entropie
Activist
Member # 26

Icon 1 posted      Profile for entropie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Hanne.. I was looking to see if there was a page on the site with definitions to post up, and I couldn't find one..
Am I blind? Or is there not one up yet?
Either way, no biggie..

entropie

------------------
honeylaser's site

Posts: 1030 | From: Aotearoa | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sallynha
Activist
Member # 312

Hi again! Thanks all for your help! Thankfully I had no more "burning", so I guess it was probably related to what Hanne said But your help was greatly appreciated anyway

Now I have another question: Since me and my boyfriend have been tested for STD's and we're both clean, and we're eachother's first and only sex partners, if we don't use any kind of protection when performing oral sex on eachothe, is there any risks we're taking? I mean, for example, is there any risk that some bacteria he has in his mouth causes some kind of infection or other sort of problem when it gets in direct contact with my genitals? Or the other way around...? Just to be sure, I'd think there's a risk, even if slight, but I just want to be sure.

Then I have another question, this time from my boyfriend mainly, who asked me to ask you, the experts, what do you think:
when we're making out and masturbating, his pre-cum comes out slowly, and not "at once", like...it doesn't "end". I told him it's probably the way it works, as with the female body it becomes wet and wetter slowly (what I mean with slowly is that it's not "shot" like when guys cum). So is it normal, does it depend on the individuals...?

Once again, thanks for your help!

------------------
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
~~~~Sallynha~~~~
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For starters, you get the gold star for your guess about pre-ejaculate. In general, pre-ejacualte doesn't simply come out "all at once," but during the process of arousal as a whole.

As far as a risk, since no STD tests are 100% accurate, and since bacterial infections are alwaays a possibility, you're right: there is no such thing as NO risk. Your risks are likely seriously diminished right now, but they aren't nonexistent.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.