Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Vibrators?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Vibrators?
Caitlin
Neophyte
Member # 259

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Caitlin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, this may sound stupid but...What's a vibrator, and how do you use it?

Thanks

Posts: 1 | From: NY | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*ShellerBabe*
Activist
Member # 252

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *ShellerBabe*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
a vibrator is a sex toy, it is used for masturbation in women. I;m not certain how its used, but i think u sit it on a table and then sit on it..and make it stick up your--well you get the point. then it vibrates and makes you get all tingly and horny..
~*Michele*~

Posts: 117 | From: America..~*hehe*~ | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hanne
Sexpert
Member # 100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, yes and no. A vibrator is a sex toy that is designed to produce vibrations (pretty straightforward so far).

Vibrators can be small or large. You may have seen massagers that are made for using on sore muscles and stuff like that -- that is one kind of vibrator. Other vibrators are much, much smaller, and some vibrators are intended specifically for sexual use.

The way people generally use vibrators for sexual stimulation is to press the vibrating part of the vibrator (usually one end of it is the "buzzy" part) against the clitoris or the vulva near the clitoris. Usually you hold them in your hand to do this, but you can wedge them between you and a bed or couch cushion, or just between your thighs, depending on the size of the vibrator and what you like in terms of sensations. Different people use them in different ways.

Men can also use vibrators to stimulate their penises.

Some vibrators are made to be insertable -- vibrating dildos (roughly penis-shaped sex toys that a person can insert into their vagina), basically. Not all of them are.
Even with insertable vibrators, though, most women who use them tend to find them more effective for stimulating the clitoris (or maybe it's just that the clitoris tends to be more sensitive than vaginas do).

Unfortunately, a lot of the websites that show pictures of vibrators are not accessible to people under 18. If I find a website where you guys can legally get a glimpse of a vibrator or two, I will let you know.

------------------
Hanne Blank
Associate Editor, Scarleteen

"Be Excellent To Each Other" -- Bill and Ted

Posts: 1538 | From: boston, ma, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wear*a*smile!
Activist
Member # 161

Icon 4 posted      Profile for wear*a*smile!     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
vibrators are a thingy(i can't describe it any other way) and its like masturbating, u rub it against ur clitoris. it excites u just like masturbation. u can use it by yourself, or u can have your partner do it as foreplay. anyway u like, whatever floats your boat!
wear*a*smile
PUT A SMILE ON YOUR FACE, TO MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE!!

Posts: 139 | From: San Ramon, California, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Livvy
Neophyte
Member # 458

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Livvy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At the moment I am boyfriendless (he left 2 weeks ago for basic training in the army) and I feel the need to masturbate. In the past, I have used a vibrator, my hands never did the trick (sorry to be so straight forward). But, I find I can only reach orgasm with this device after awhile. Is that normal? I've heard such things that you can become "less sensitive" as a result of using such high-stim toys. Is there any truth in this?
Posts: 6 | From: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smileygirl
Neophyte
Member # 327

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Smileygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend can never bring me to an orgasm when we make love. he is a securety guard at a mall.. and one day he comes home and he told me he brought me somthing. i was like cool. i walked in his room and he pulls a vibrator out of his drawer. he kissed me and told me.. now i can give you the full effect of lovemaking like you give me. did he do wrong?
Posts: 16 | From: Texas, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CutiePie4eva
Activist
Member # 7052

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CutiePie4eva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Livvy:
At the moment I am boyfriendless (he left 2 weeks ago for basic training in the army) and I feel the need to masturbate. In the past, I have used a vibrator, my hands never did the trick (sorry to be so straight forward). But, I find I can only reach orgasm with this device after awhile. Is that normal? I've heard such things that you can become "less sensitive" as a result of using such high-stim toys. Is there any truth in this?

i'm almost positive that you cant become "less sensitive" with vibrators... i have one... and i definately havent become any less anything, except mayb experience and knowledgable in what i like and what i dont like. =)

it may take awhile depends on how your feeling... ya kno like if ur in the mood and where you are and stuff. depending on how in the mood i am... it can take 5 minutes to an hour to orgasm. i think a lot of times i'm worried that someone will walk into my room... i'm verie paranoid and my little brother is anti-knocking.. lol thats one of the last things i want... my 7 yr old brother walking in on me masterbating... ...yikes! lol argh

------------------
dont worrie b happie... its like a law! =)

hunting for (not real fur) clothes is perfectly fine... hunting for animals is prfectly NOT!

Posts: 239 | From: new york, USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CutiePie4eva
Activist
Member # 7052

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CutiePie4eva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oops! i got confused... i thought this was a recent entry... but it was just a link from the other entry about vibrators... i didnt mean to bump it up... i just realized its 2 years old... i'm sorrie!
Posts: 239 | From: new york, USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's nothing wrong with continuing old posts - in fact, it's better for people to continue old threads than to start new ones on topics which already have threads going .

And you're right - a vibrator is not going to "desensitize" you or damage you in any way, any more than masturbating by hand will.

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.