Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS & HELPS » Site Help and Service » a policy question?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: a policy question?
~jess~
Activist
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~jess~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was just wondering why its ok to post your ICQ number but not you AIM, yahoo or msn? well i can see why you dont want the msn name posted but its impossable to find out your email address with yahoo or aim unless of couse you are using aol and not aim. actually with ICQ it tells you the email address of the person. with yahoo and aim you cant even figure out anything unless it is publish.

------------------
i love matt
my world

Posts: 278 | From: Oregon | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Scarleteen doesn't like users giving out contact information. In some cases the advocates will give their emails (and they have them listed in each forum) but neophytes & activists can't. Sorry! It's for the best, and that's keeping us safe!
Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Most posts which list ICQ numbers are older ones, and will likely end up being edited once we notice them. We don't encourage users to give out personal contact information of any kind.

------------------
Why scream and cry when you know it's true?
Why fall in love when there's better things to do?

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~jess~
Activist
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~jess~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But when you regrister, it asks for you icq # as for an optional question. and ICQ is easy to see email address but if aim and yahoo you can. heck with aim they dont even ask for your name.

------------------
i love matt
my world

Posts: 278 | From: Oregon | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I *believe* that the question of ICQ numbers is just an integral part of the message board. It comes with it and I don't think there is anything we can do to change it.

<Edited to say Miz S has confirmed that the request for ICQ numbers is just an irremovable part of the message board.>

[This message has been edited by ookuotoe (edited 06-07-2002).]

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.