Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » Bisexual, or straight with 'girl crushes'?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bisexual, or straight with 'girl crushes'?
keepinitgreen
Neophyte
Member # 45365

Icon 5 posted      Profile for keepinitgreen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This sounds kind of odd I guess, but I almost want to be bisexual. I sounds so freeing. But I wouldn't want to force it upon myself because I feel like I would be...I don't know... offending (for lack of a better word) people who actually are bisexual. I mean, I get the occasional "girl crush" where I think a girl is really cool and pretty. But where's the line between that and being bisexual?

Ultimately, if I was asked to label myself anything...I would leave that blank. Because I think sexual orientation labels aren't really for me. I don't agree with them. But I guess what I'm getting at is...

Is there anyway to know for sure what sex(or sexes) you really like?

Posts: 13 | From: United States | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
May Day
Activist
Member # 39174

Icon 1 posted      Profile for May Day     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Only you can say who you are attracted to:) And on that same note, only you can decide what, if any, term(s) you'd like to use to describe your sexual identity.

If you don't like labels, chuck em.

I guess if i were describe myself i'd rather say i'm attracted to individuals not genders. I'd rather have someone i can connect with and have fun with than worry it's the "wrong" sort of someone to spend time with because of their gender.

Posts: 172 | From: Australia | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keepinitgreen
Neophyte
Member # 45365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keepinitgreen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah I guess I like that, and I'll go with being attracted to individuals not gender.

Thanks for the help, that makes a lot of sense to me [Smile]

Posts: 13 | From: United States | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.