Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » I'm Gay!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I'm Gay!
tallia7793
Neophyte
Member # 39351

Icon 10 posted      Profile for tallia7793         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin]

Like, for certain [Big Grin]

Uh... *ahem*

You can delete this if you like, I just needed to tell somebody [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 20 | From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No need to delete it: let's just leave it open for anyone else who needs to shout it out, eh? [Smile]

Glad you're feeling better about this, tallia.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68164 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tallia7793
Neophyte
Member # 39351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tallia7793         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh, thanks! [Big Grin]

Yeah, I'm just about over the moon! Next stop-- GSA [Big Grin]

Posts: 20 | From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Livves
Neophyte
Member # 41142

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Livves     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um I haven't been able to tell this to my parents yet, so i figured I'dstart here. I'm bisexual. I have been for a few years, and I'm terrified to tell my parent bcause I'm sure they'll accept that this is who I am

--------------------
LIVVY

Posts: 1 | From: new york | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Idir
Activist
Member # 41176

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Idir     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm gay, and new [Razz]

--------------------
I know there is an over the rainbow for me.

Posts: 84 | From: Algeria | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, welcome Livves and Idir. [Big Grin]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68164 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

By the by, Idir, I'm curious, given your location: what's it been like in Algeria for you when it comes to being gay, especially if you're out?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Idir
Activist
Member # 41176

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Idir     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um.
Gay and out in Algeria? That's almost as probable as Invisible Pink Unicorns crossing railroads.
Sexual liberation never happened here [Frown]
But read my signature: I still have hope.
Yay! Hope.

[ 11-20-2008, 02:10 PM: Message edited by: Idir ]

--------------------

Posts: 84 | From: Algeria | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

That's what I figured. [Frown] Do you at least feel safe?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Idir
Activist
Member # 41176

Yeah...
I feel pretty safe, actually.
In fact, my homosexuality is pretty obvious and can be observed through my not very straight-edgish behavior even though I'm a "Narnia Queen" [Smile]
I got bullied because of this at school at first, but now most people are comfortable with it.
But it took me AGES to realize that homosexuality exists, I always assumed that I'm asexual.
However, thanks to "Teh Internets" (including this little rad site [Big Grin] ) I discovered that there's other things besides the heterosexual-asexual binary we're taught here.

--------------------

Heather
Member # 3

Well, consider yourself my hero.

I grew up in Chicago, and while I certainly had my fair share of homophobia to deal with, it really was quite rare, and folks like you in places where you are make experiences like mine look like walks in the park.

It's such a bold thing to accept something about yourself that is so unaccepted where you are: my hats off to you. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Idir
Activist
Member # 41176

Aww. Thanks!
However, you are the real hero here, as you help thousands of teens with your site [Smile]

BTW: I have a theory on why I'm here (and queer [Razz] ):
I think that having had a rough childhood gave me something my conformist peers lack: an open mind.
Yep. That's why I'm in Algeria...

--------------------

mizzkeepit2juicy
Neophyte
Member # 42655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mizzkeepit2juicy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IM BI! wow dat felt good lol(my first time admitting it)

--------------------
*~i gOt tHaT gOoD gOod~*

Posts: 3 | From: marietta | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eryn_smiles
Peer Ambassador
Member # 35643

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eryn_smiles         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good on you, juicy! [Smile]

And on that note, I am sharing this with all of you. It made me smile and cry at the same time and I encourage you to watch it:
http://gays.com/idaho/

(17th May was the international day against homophobia and transphobia or IDAHO. Yes, there are proud GLBT people all around the world.

"We believe the single greatest obstacle to dismantling homophobia is invisibility. Invisibility breeds ignorance. Ignorance creates fear. And fear maintains oppression. We’re doing this to show everyone that people like us exist in every country, in every society, in every corner of the world.")

[ 05-30-2009, 07:04 AM: Message edited by: eryn_smiles ]

--------------------
"Caring for myself is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation and that is an act of political warfare."

Audre Lorde

Posts: 1326 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mizzkeepit2juicy
Neophyte
Member # 42655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mizzkeepit2juicy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank u so much Scarleteen u guys have helped me soooo much...YoU gUyS rOcK!

--------------------
*~i gOt tHaT gOoD gOod~*

Posts: 3 | From: marietta | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
moonlight bouncing off water
Peer Ambassador
Member # 44338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moonlight bouncing off water     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that homophobia is just stupid. It is like racism, sexism and those sorts of things, hopefully those things will all disappear, unlikely as it may be I still wish they would. But all we can do is not be afraid to , I dont' even know what..
Posts: 863 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.