Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » Confused. Someone help?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Confused. Someone help?
candyMe
Neophyte
Member # 31708

Icon 1 posted      Profile for candyMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a Junior in high school. I'd like to think I'm a straight girl. I wear make-up, girly clothes, anything girly. But lately I haven't looked at guys the way I used to. I still think they're cute, but no interest whatsoever. Maybe because I'm more concentrating in school?

So I take music class this 2nd semester. There is this girl who is a sophomore. She is absolutely beautiful. Lately she has kept on looking at me & I can't help but look back. We always caught looking at each other. I try not to look while she's looking at me. Even when I'm not looking I can feel two eyes looking at me.
But the thing is she has a bf & I'm pretty sure she's straight. & I thought I was straight as well.
But lately I've found myself looking at other girls, the cute ones.

--------------------
HIIIIIII

Posts: 2 | From: NY | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
iamfree
Activist
Member # 35227

Icon 1 posted      Profile for iamfree     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, first of all, wearing girly clothes and makeup does not automatically make you straight, just as being butch or tomboyish does not automatically make you gay.

Second of all, you're still very young, and right now, you're changing and growing enormously. So maybe you ARE attracted to girls, or maybe you only like guys, or maybe you're bisexual. But you've got your whole life to figure it out. In fact, that's one of the joys of growing up: discovering who you are and embracing that person.

Maybe you should get to know the girl in your music class. Obviously, since she has a boyfriend, it wouldn't be right to get involved with her right now, but she might make a wonderful friend. She could even help you discover more about your sexual identity.

Enjoy the adventure, candyMe!

Posts: 149 | From: Costa Rica | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scarlettw
Neophyte
Member # 37111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scarlettw     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have the same problem.

In the nineth grade I fell for a hard core catholic piano player...

She was gorgeous without the makeup and such a kind and gentle soul...

I admired her soo much...but also had the biggest case of lovesickness I've ever experienced..
I could eat or sleep for a month...

I never liked boys, but at the end of the nineth grade, this guy started stalking me. I thought it was creepy, but then I just felt loved. So I dated him for a year and a half. I kinda like some guys now, but they are usually the girly type, sensitive, homeschooled, etc.

Anyway, I still have random attractions to cute girls. I get tired of my boyfriends really quickly and constantly desire to kiss random cute girlfriends of mine...It's real troubling, cause I don't wanna lose my friends or cheat on my bf...

I love him dearly....

so if you ever need someone to talk to, feel free

[edited: per our user guidelines, please do not post personal information like email addresses.]

[ 02-19-2008, 08:33 PM: Message edited by: Heather ]

Posts: 5 | From: nowhere | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.