Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » total confusion

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: total confusion
i_eat_postcards
Neophyte
Member # 17298

Icon 1 posted      Profile for i_eat_postcards     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have no idea if i'm bisexual, or heterosexual, or homosexual or what..

i used to think i was bi...i like girls and boys...boys sometimes more, but i also like girls, i just don't show it as much, ya know?

my boyfriend doesn't belive i'm bisexual, so now i'm starting to wonder if i'm just a nymphomaniac or something...

gah. so confused.

Posts: 5 | From: New York | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
conejo
Neophyte
Member # 17377

Icon 1 posted      Profile for conejo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think if you think you are bi, you probably are. I think bi is very natural. It can be a problem cause it's hard for other people to understand, but to me it just seems like the way to be. Also you can be different kinds of bi, that is, more inclined toward one sex or another. Not only that it can vary from time to time- maybe day to day, maybe month to month.

I'm sorry I don't know how to handle the thing with your boy friend. In my imagination I think if I was a straight guy and my girl friend wanted to go out with another girl, I'd say "fine" doesn't that seem less threatening than going out with other guys?

good luck

Posts: 1 | From: cambridge ma u.s. | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
i_eat_postcards
Neophyte
Member # 17298

Icon 1 posted      Profile for i_eat_postcards     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks
Posts: 5 | From: New York | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by conejo:
. . . doesn't that seem less threatening than going out with other guys?

To you perhaps, but not necessarily to everyone else. In any event, in a monogamous relationship dating anyone other than the person you are committed can definitely be detrimental to the relationship.

And while I felt that was important enough to address, we're both missing what was actually asked.

i_eat_postcards, why would your boyfriend doubt you? I realize you may not be very outwardly attracted to women, but I'm not entirely sure what one would have to do to prove their sexuality to someone else.

Especially if you're in a monogamous relationship (I'm assuming the monogamous bit here -- correct me if I'm wrong). As I mentioned above, there isn't really room for another person if that's the case, bisexual or not.

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.