Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » How Do I Get Girls To Notics Me ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How Do I Get Girls To Notics Me ?
misskickass
Neophyte
Member # 16330

Icon 5 posted      Profile for misskickass     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm an open minded girl, who doesnt 'like' boys lol.

I go out once a week just about, to gay clubs/bars and not once has it been a productive night, I'm seriously beginning to wonder if I'm just not what girls wants.
I'm very shy so dont really go and chat the girls up, which is understandable since I've only come to terms wit my sexuality in the past 9months, but I'm eager to know how to attract girls.

I have been told that I dont 'look' like a lesbian, which I've taken to heart because I cant help not being a stereotype!

If anyone has even the smallest piece of advice, I'd be really greatful

[This message has been edited by misskickass (edited 01-18-2004).]

Posts: 3 | From: UK | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gothicgurlie
Activist
Member # 16336

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Gothicgurlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I have the same problem with boys and girls,but I want to be in a relationship with a girl but I can't find anyone who seems to find me attractive though I'm only 14. But just be urself. I know it sounds silly,but it actually works. Don't try to change urself just so someone will be w/ you cuz that wouyld be living a lie. But yeah just be urself and have confidence in urself and that is all you need.
Posts: 77 | From: Roanoke,Virginia, USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
somedays_dreamer
Neophyte
Member # 16483

Icon 12 posted      Profile for somedays_dreamer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i can understand your problem because i'm very shy too and offer up this little peice of advice be cool with yourself and be happy with who you and peolpe will be cool with u too! and never be afraid to let yourself go shine for yourself and people will be attracted to u!
Posts: 7 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joey_buffyrocks
Neophyte
Member # 16531

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joey_buffyrocks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
even though i kinda automatically labeled myself as "straight" cuz that's what we're all kinda brought up to think, i never ruled out the possibility of having a relationship with a girl....
for almost all my middle school and high school years i only had one boyfriend for only 2 months and everybody else seemed to be getting with people... sometimes it distressed me a bit but i tried not to worry... and then this summer a very good friend of mine and i got together... it was so simple and so natural yet i would never have expected it a week before it happened. i think it's always kinda this way. you find yourself with someone and you're just not sure how you got there. don't worry, it's okay not to find someone right away. i'm shy too, and maybe it doesn't help. maybe it just means that when you actually connect with someone it runs deeper than people who can chat up other people "superficially". i've never been happier than with my girlfriend - it was well worth spending all those years as a single.

--joey

Posts: 7 | From: Andover, MA , USA or France | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.