Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » Bi the way...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bi the way...
Mary
Activist
Member # 2769

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Mary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For three years I have identified as lesbian. Of course I realize that I am young (15) and am still experimenting with my sexuality... But it was an odd change for me when I suddenly found myself attracted to ::gasp!:: a guy! I'm now toying with the fact that I may be bisexual. Goodness, identity is so confusing! Maybe I just shouldn't put boundaries on the people I can love... If anyone asks what I am I can say, "open!". Has anyone ever been in the same boat?
Posts: 500 | From: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa D
Activist
Member # 389

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lisa D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, for sure, Mary. Unfortunately, everyone is very label conscious, and if you can't be properly and easily quantified, it makes people very, very nervous.

For me, personally, it was quite frustrating...in college, there were a few women i liked, but they identified as gay, and made it quite clear that they thought bi-sexuality was "fence-sitting." Because I had dated men up to that point, they weren't game for someone who wanted to "experiment." Of course, I made the argument that ALL sexuality involves some form of experimentation, but that didn't go over well, and they told me I was naive. Too bad, because I think they missed out

So, don't get too caught up in labels - the important thing is to consider each person as an individual, and go from there. If you dig the boy - go for it!

[This message has been edited by Lisa D (edited 06-07-2002).]

Posts: 442 | From: Dublin, OH USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrQuack5
Activist
Member # 2748

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrQuack5     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I identify as a lesbian, too, Mary but am sort of interested in a physical relationship with a guy. I have no idea if there will ever be one, but I'm just going with the flow.

I agree with you, though. It is sort of weird.

Posts: 290 | From: Minneapolis | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.