Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » What am I supposed to do?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What am I supposed to do?
Pumpkin_Pie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5822

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Pie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a lesbian and I'm 15. I'm out to a handful of people(all my close friends know and a few other people know out of pure fluke). But the thing is, I don't know any other gay people my age. I have no oppurtunity to meet people so I have to watch all my friends get with someone and I have to content myself with vivid fantasies involving my babe of a teacher(heeheeeheeeheee). I'm in ireland so to be qite honest coming out to a lot of people isn't good when u go to a catholic all girls school. Does anyone know of any Irish websites for gay teens or places to go?Please I need to meet other people. I'm going insane!!!!!

Thank u

Posts: 896 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Slayer_gurl,

Sounds like a GLBT youth group could be good for you, hm?
A quick little google search came up with http://www.iglyo.org/ (the international glbt youth organisation) which listed these places in Ireland; I'd recommend that you check your local yellow pages/white pages for more details (phone numbers etc.)

quote:
Ireland

Lesbian and Gay Resource Group
7/8 Augstine St.
Cork

The other Place
8 South main street
Cork

I also found these resources in Cork through the Cork Universtiy College GLBT group Oasis http://www.ucc.ie/ucc/socs/oasis/

quote:

cork lesbian line - 0214254710 runs from 8-10pm every thursday

cork's lesbian centre drop-in also on thursdays from 8pm

Also find this number, not sure whether it's the same offer as above, just an older number

quote:
Telephone 021 271087
Lesbian Information Help-line. The line is open Thursdays 8-10pm

Also check out this great list of Cork queer resources!
http://www.ucc.ie/ucc/socs/oasis/contact.htm

It lists a youth group in Cork, too!

quote:
'Tar Amach' Youth Group (under 19 years),
The Other Side, 8 South Main Street, Cork (021-278470)
contact hiker@tinet.ie

Also take a look at this link collection for GLBT websites in Ireland http://www.renttecca.com/linx.html

So just check all this out, be brave and call the local info services and ask about a GLBT youth group! I am sure they'll be very glad to help you!

Good luck!

------------------
Caro
~Scarleteen Sexpert~

"Through repetition the magic will be forced to rise."
Alchemical Precept

[This message has been edited by Alaska (edited 11-09-2001).]

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pumpkin_Pie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Pie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank u all so much. You've no idea how much it means to me to have someone actually reply. Noone usually cares
Posts: 896 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No worries, Slayer_gurl, pleasure to be of help.
Know what? We really care. Might sound kitschy or clishéish, but we're (most of the time) one big happy family here at Scarleteen, and so many Scarleteeners have been where you are now (sometimes feeling like the only queer in their school, city, country) - and hey, we're here to show you that you aren't.

A belated Welcome to the Boards, btw! Have you worked up some strentgh to grab the phone and call the youth group yet/walk into the gay bookshop or cafe in town? Keep us posted! We're all curious as to how it all works out.

You'll do it gal!

------------------
Caro
~Scarleteen Sexpert~

"Through repetition the magic will be forced to rise."
Alchemical Precept

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.