Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » Is it okay if I...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is it okay if I...
Rune
Neophyte
Member # 4471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi. I've got a question. I'm 15 and I am unsure of my sexuality. I like guys and some girls. I have a serious crush on a girl, but this is sort of unrelated to my question. I'm kind of confused about "who" (in terms of sex) I like. I seem to like both, but I'm also unwilling to commit to both. I have my doubts about being both straight and a lesbian. So my question is: Is it okay if I tell people I'm Bi, even if I'm unsure. I know in time (and with more sexual experience and exposure) I'll truly know if I'm a Lesbian or straight or Bi. But when people ask me, I don't know what to tell them. So I simply tell them I'm both (Bi). Is this okay? Or am I commiting a wrong?
Posts: 2 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rizzo
Activist
Member # 802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rizzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's nothing wrong with telling people how you feel at this time. If you don't want a lot of explaining to do, there's nothing wrong with saying you're bi. Or you could say you're open, or questioning. Sexuality can change, so the best you can do is explain how you see yourself at the moment.
Posts: 582 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
golden101
Activist
Member # 3133

Icon 1 posted      Profile for golden101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, it's perfectly fine to tell people how you feel, b/c like Rizzo said...sexuality can change. There's no wrong being committed telling people that you are bi, b/c that's what you are feeling about your sexuality at this present time.
Posts: 227 | From: U.S.A | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hillary
Neophyte
Member # 7061

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hillary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd just say "Im pansexual." Most likely they wont even know what that is! pansexuality is basically being open- minded. Willing to do anything. Not afraid to fall in love with either sex, not limiting themselves.
Posts: 21 | From: LA, CA, USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.