Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sexual Identity » More than bisexual?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: More than bisexual?
CuriouS GeorgE
Activist
Member # 3136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CuriouS GeorgE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey everyone

I have something I wanna talk about. Low and behold, it's my sexuality!! Surprise, surprise!! Well, as you all know, I've just come out with this whole bi thing and I'm comfortable with it. I've told my really good friends and they're all ok with it, so that's cool. I can honestly tell you that I didn't know what they would think when I told them. Even my boyfriend is 110% cool with that, and that just makes me feel SO much better about it! The thing is, when I "came out" with it, I basically said that I wasn't bi, but somewhere between straight and bi, so if I absolutely had to choose one or the other, I would have to choose bi. Know what I mean?

Well anyways, I've noticed that since I've come out and told people, that I'm a lot more open about it (duh, obviously) but in a way that I didn't really think would happen. What I mean is, basically, I've changed (sexuality wise) since I've "decided" (in lack of a better word) I was bi. As you might know from other posts, I said that I didn't really find women attractive, and that's basically what's changed. Now, I find myself noticing women a lot more, and getting that "tingly" feeling a lot more. Not thinking that they're a whole lot more attractive or anything, but I notice them and maybe certain things about certain women a whole lot more now. I pay more attention to little things about them now, maybe how blue their eyes are, you know, just stuff like that. I kinda also wonder what it would be like with some people I know and I didn't think like that before. So, I guess I'm asking if it's normal? Am I feeling this way just because I've recently come out, are they really my feelings, or am I just getting to be more open to it?
What do you guys think?!
Thanks!!!

------------------
CuRioUs GeoRGe

Posts: 76 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rizzo
Activist
Member # 802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rizzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unfortunately, no one can tell you what your feelings really are, but it sounds like what you describe is quite normal. Coming out has likely put thoughts of attraction to women at the forefront of your brain, because it is something relatively new to you. Whether you're "more" than bi, I can't say. But many bisexual people go through phases in which they are more attracted to one sex or the other.
Posts: 582 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PoetgirlNY
Activist
Member # 168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PoetgirlNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations on your succesful coming out! I think that maybe you find yourself more attracted to women because you're letting yourself be. Or maybe even expecting yourself to be. It's totally normal to be attracted to women more right now. Just make sure that you're not trying to pressure yourself into liking women just to fit into your new sexual orientation box.

I did that a while ago. It got ridiculous . . . I decided I was a lesbian, and then I completely ignored my attraction to men for a year until I finally gave up, and accepted myself as bisexual.

So, just be true to yourself and don't worry about it too much. After all, attractions are supposed to be fun!

------------------
Limes Are Sublime

Posts: 1101 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.