Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » complicated sex life

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: complicated sex life
august.burns.shred
Neophyte
Member # 48147

Icon 11 posted      Profile for august.burns.shred     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
so i've been in a committed lesbian relationship for the past 2 years. everything is going well. we live together, have jobs, different groups of friends, etc. we don't fight often either. for the most part, everything IS amazing.
but recently, our sex life has been suffering, and i can't seem to wrap my head around it. she just refuses to have sex. every time i try and talk to her about it she blows up and says she doesn't want to discuss it, and she just doesn't want to have sex. she won't communicate with me if it's me, or if it's her. i'm wondering if maybe she just doesn't like sex with me, or women in general. i can't figure it out.
i don't want to come off as the kind of person that NEEDS sex to have a functioning relationship because i'm not that insensitive or rude or disrespectful. but sex is nice.

i guess my question is, what could the problem be? what could i do differently when approaching the subject? any suggestions?

thanks!
-j

Posts: 3 | From: Chicago | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coralee
Peer Ambassador
Member # 43628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for coralee         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry you guys are having trouble communicating.

You said you've tried to ask her why she doesn't want to have sex, and I'll assume that you did that in a respectful,and not in a pushy, way.

How about telling her that you are upset because you can't figure out if it's her personal problem, or something she doesn't like about you.

If it's something she has trouble talking about, maybe suggest that she writes you a letter.

Tell her that it's not just that you miss having sex with her, but you're worried about her, and want to make sure she's doing ok.

Posts: 143 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IraSass
Neophyte
Member # 50013

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IraSass     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would try bringing this up in a NON-sexual situation. Maybe at some point when you're talking about things relating to the relationship, say something like "Hey, I noticed we haven't been having sex much lately - is there anything going on with you that you want to talk about?" Make sure you come across as non-judgment and respectful, as it sounds like you are [Smile]
Posts: 9 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SidonieAdena
Neophyte
Member # 49815

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SidonieAdena     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is nothing wrong with wanting sex in a relationship, and the fact that you've been with your partner for two years and she's suddenly started not wanting to have sex seems to me to be a reasonable concern.

What is "recently"? Has she been stressed about anything? Is there a reason you're jumping to the idea that she just doesn't like women?

Posts: 22 | From: Earth | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.