Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » I am probably annoying you with this.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I am probably annoying you with this.
MickyDomino
Activist
Member # 45984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MickyDomino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sat down and talked to him about it. It turns out he decided he couldn't get over her, and that he was just experimenting with me, and the first we kissed, according to what he told me last night, was "Very awkward" and he never wanted to do it again. I expected cry, but instead, I stood, and I punched him in the face, called my mom and she came and got me. But now I need to know what I am gonna' do now.

--------------------
Harvey Milk is my hero.

Posts: 63 | From: NC | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so sorry to hear that. [Frown] Breakups suck no matter what, but the first one can be extra-difficult. What are you doing to take care of yourself right now, and what can we help you with? (I'll be offline for a couple of hours, but back around later this afternoon if you want to talk.)

[ 05-02-2010, 12:05 PM: Message edited by: Karybu ]

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5738 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MickyDomino
Activist
Member # 45984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MickyDomino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well right now, my friends are trying to comfort me, and I am kind of hoping to find some ways to be able to get over this fast.

--------------------
Harvey Milk is my hero.

Posts: 63 | From: NC | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's great that you have friends around to help you deal with this. You might also try doing some things that you really enjoy or something you think will distract you; reading a favourite book, watching a good movie, etc.

Also, have you read this yet? Boys DO Cry: How To Deal With A Breakup Like A Man

(Btw, just so it's clear - and I should have mentioned this earlier - punching people is never an okay response, even if you're really upset with them or something they've done.)

[ 05-02-2010, 03:51 PM: Message edited by: Karybu ]

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5738 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MickyDomino
Activist
Member # 45984

Yeah, I bought a bunch of new tablets and sketch pads today. I think Im gonna write and draw my feelings down you know. I knew it was wrong, but it was an impulsive thing, and I couldnt help it.

Ill give it read, thanks so so much for helping me Kary (would you rather I call you Karybu?)

--------------------
Harvey Milk is my hero.

Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Either name is fine. [Smile] Glad to hear you've got an outlet for your feelings; I've always found writing especially to be really helpful when I'm upset about something. I hope you start feeling better soon!

[ 05-02-2010, 08:58 PM: Message edited by: Karybu ]

--------------------

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Micky, I just want to make sure you're aware that we always CAN help not physically assaulting someone. Doing that is a choice, even if it is an impulsive one.

So, if you're finding it feels like you CANNOT help reacting that way, I'd encourage you to seek out some counseling around managing your anger, okay?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67994 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MickyDomino
Activist
Member # 45984

Okay thanks Heather, I did go see the school counseler. I did apologize to him today.

--------------------
Harvey Milk is my hero.

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Micky, I just wanted to check up on you and see how you're doing.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67994 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MickyDomino
Activist
Member # 45984

I am doing good, I have seen the guidance counselar and we've been talking. I haven't spoken to my ex since I apologized, and I am currently writting stuff down in this huge journal I bought. So I have been doing okay,thanks for checking up.

--------------------
Harvey Milk is my hero.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.