Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » Most confusing relation ship, what might be?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Most confusing relation ship, what might be?
htman
Neophyte
Member # 44907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for htman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I need advice here, it is a question, and very confusing, i try to put details in nice way:as you know I am secret gay, no one knows, every one thinks I am straight, and even my friends, who are guys, tell me I am hot an deasily get girls,
To make it short, I recently met in gym, around one month back a guy, who is muscular and hot, i used to see him there but never spoke to him, so one months back, we started normal talk like, hi, and then he opened a conversation, he is known to be sociable, and one week later he invited me to BBQ party in his place, i didnt go, we then met in gym but normal converstaions, week later we went to watch formula with hsared friends,that was one months back, after that day in formula, we saw each other every day, like every day, the strange things, is he confuses me, he never admit to be gay, he has a gf abroad, and he sees a fat girl every now and then, he talks about chicks, but he always says he is unlucky with them and feels that guys like him more than girls,
The strange thing is: he allowed me after one week we met, to touch his pecs and muscle chest he like flexing and his muscles a lot, until i became very touchy with him, he didnt say a lot about it then, he likes to fight a lot with me, and he always start the fights,
It happened two weeks back his leg got infected, and he asked me to take him to hospital, there i knew he has anxity to needles as he passed out while he was injected and he asked me to take his hand, when he woke up he was tired and i was always taking care of him,
His friends which ar ehis roomates, noticed we are very close friends, and they noticed i am touchy with him, so he started to get upset of that,
Last week I invited him to go with me to hotel in east coast we went there alone as he accepted, there we shared same room and same bed, but he didnt allow me to touch him a lot, just a little, we were awake most of the time, he asked me if i am gay, i said i am not, i asked him if he is, as always he say he is not, i asked him if he is Bisex, he said then , that he thinks everyone is bi in special percentage, but he is not even bi, he thinks I am, but i told him i feel something weired about you and i like you as friend,

next day we went beach swimming and we had lots of fun, and we continued to talk,
he likes to be close to me, i noticed he looks a lot at my eyes, and i dont deny i was touching him a lot to at least tease him and make him say something, what forces him to be my friend,
i feel he is afraid to loose myfriendship he always tell me i am good friend of his and i am honest with him , as when we were there, he said if i dont like you as friend i wouldnt come to the hotel with you, but he said, if it happens that I am gay he wouldnt accept to be friends anymore,
we came back next day and went to his place he insisted in making me drunk, many things happened, we went to night club he drinked a lot, and he told me not to touch him infront of his friends, he dont like the gayshit, i felt he cares about what his friends might think, so he was drunk from his home, we went with his friends by taxi to night club, in car, infront of his roomates, he said dont touch me and he is not gay, later at night he hugged me and said he likes me alot, and we went by taxi to another bar where the girl he occasionaly date for sex is there, when we went out of the taxi, he said dont touch me infront of friends again, and he can allow a blow job and touching when we are alone, that was strange and never repeated,
Inside the bar, he sat on my laps fully his *** on my stomach, this girl went upset, and she created a strange story that i touched her tits and she started crying and then he told me," u like me or U like her,?
I told him, i like u, then he saud, lets pretend we are fighting, and i did, and we were out of the bar, then he went upset,
After that i left, and he started avoiding me for whole last week, and I told him, that it is ok if he doesnt want to be my friend, then he sent message, that we can be friends but no touching and fighting and I said ok,
Today morning he wanted me to go to his place and wake him up as iut is his birthday and he asked me to arrnage everything for this occasion, i did, and he strated fighting with me again, and he wanted me to check his chest and his abs again, and he hugged me, and all appologied that he has been very bad with me for last week.
So we went to restaurent to eat and drink, all the time he was happy , close to me, appologizing, thanking, and hugging, he was drunk though, then we lest to night club, he told me to take care of him as he is drunk, and i told him i will do, i am his best friend and close, but not more i told him ok, he again said no touching, and i wasnt, and he is the one i feel him close,
To close this tonight, we went to dinner, it was long day, one of his roomates who is always silient, went so drunk, he told me i am very hot, where are the girls that i should attract, he looked at my friend and starting telling him, U r gay, and to me that i am gay, my friend went upset, and told me " do I look gay? u think i am gay?
I told him no, then they spoke in thier language, and i understood they were debating that he is not gay and i am gay,
This drunk guy went torest room, I followed him, and told him why he said this, we had long discussion, i wanst drunk and they were all drunk, so i knew from him, that my friend complained to him, that i am touching him, and I cal him everyday, and I invited him to the hotel that night, and even the conversation when we were there, that he thinks i am bisexual,
The drunk guy told me maybe we are diffrent cultures, and i shouldnt be treating "My Friend" this way,,,,, and i told him i am not gay,
Also, I knew that his roomates for the last week tease him that he went with me alone to the hotel and beach.
Now, after that, my friend got upset that i spoke this much alone to his roomate, and i shouldnt do that, and he aid i make stories of silly stuff, so he went upset and i lost him in the bar, then I left,
One important thing, he told me that once he was in party, and some one drug him, and he woke up in a guy room naked, and he remember flashes, maybe that guy did something weared to him, and he told me since then he is afraid he hold a desease,
But same time, i dont feel with me in gym has any problem, he drinks same bottle as me, and in many occasion he gives me a piece of what he eats and uses my towel,
We only know each other for one month, and we saw each other everyday accept last week, this starnge friend ship was full of action for

This is in summary, so he allows me to touch him as he flexis, otherwise how can I, also, I feel him so close, but I am now asking.
Could be he is straight and i am just convincing myself he is not,
or is he gay trying to be straight, as he only date one girl here, and he has gf abroad, he also told me his brother is gay
Also, why he accepted to go alone with me?
In the night club, he hugged me a lot and kissed me on my neck while hugging? maybe this is normal,
Also, last week in the club, i was dancing alone one guy approached and I looked at my friend " i saw a starne anger in him, and this guy went and spoke to him, that he was just telling me he liked my dance,
Why he needed me to arrange his birthday?
short time,
He never admit he is gay, but same time, i feel he is, and i feel he likes me, and thinks I am hot,

What do u think,
What shall i do?

is he gay or not?

Posts: 24 | From: oiwejfw | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mocker
Neophyte
Member # 41936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mocker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think that he may have some insterest in you, but he is too confused right now to even consider having a relationship with anyone. Anyway, this is the impression I get from what you're telling here. The only way you can clear up everything is by having an honest conversation with him, but...if I were you, I wouldn't do it; I'd be just friends with him. He seems to be struggling with the feelings he may have for you; it seems that he is not ready to acknowledge them yet. A chat with him about this would only put some more pressure on him. Besides, that thing about being drugged up, the possibility of having had sex with a man and only remembering some flashes abouth it...It sounds like rape to me. He must get some help to cope with that. So, no, I don't think he is in the right mental space for a sexual or romantic relationship just now.
Posts: 13 | From: Europe. | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mocker
Neophyte
Member # 41936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mocker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oooops! Sorry! I didn't notice that this was posted on "expert advice".
Posts: 13 | From: Europe. | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
htman
Neophyte
Member # 44907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for htman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi mocker,

thanks a lot for reading the above and commenting,
I totally agree with you, and to be honest, when I went with him to the hotel, we opened the subject as he asked me if i am gay, and he will not accept that, so i told him i am not, and then I told him , I have a strange feelings to you, and he said r u bisex, I told him, maybe I dont know,
and I asked him, are u bi,
then he said, he thinks everyone might be bi, as sexual intrest is a scale, and he might be 98% straight,
i told him then there is possibility u r 2% gay, so i told him, u want to have sex with me, he said, no not yet, and he said I am kidding so he didnt deny the part of being bi, but he then said he is not he is straight,
I agree with you maybe he is not ready, but he till now wants to see me, share with me gym, even his water bottle and protien shake and towels,
he likes to be around always, and sometimes to fight and hug,
but he sometimes get so upset of me, and shout and when i want to leave he wouldnt let me, and start to do things to make me fine,
So what is the solution?

Posts: 24 | From: oiwejfw | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
htman
Neophyte
Member # 44907

hi mocker, i tried to sent you private messgae,
(Edited -- for your safety, we do not allow posted contact information on the boards and PMs have been disabled.)
Pls contact me

[ 12-07-2009, 11:00 AM: Message edited by: KittenGoddess ]

htman
Neophyte
Member # 44907

Hi All,

Any comments further?

Mocker
Neophyte
Member # 41936

Sorry, htman!
I've been on a trip for a few days. Besides, I thought you were looking for expert advice here and I'm a neophyte, just like you.

htman
Neophyte
Member # 44907

hi Mocker, i have comented on your response,
what u think now,
also, u can send me message at [email removed for your safety. Again, we ask that you not post email addresses here as it is against our site guidelines--orca] [Smile]

[ 12-09-2009, 04:08 AM: Message edited by: orca ]

Ecofem
Activist
Member # 13388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ecofem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey htman, I'm sorry that you had to wait so long for more responses. I'm not around here much but I've read your question and really want to answer. [Smile]

First, you mention that you are "secretly gay," that even your close friends do not know. That is totally OK, of course, but I wonder if you'd like to have some more in-person support, like people who are queer and/or who also would understand and support this aspect of yourself. Having people you can turn to for advice and just general caring, who are fully accepting of you who are, and who at the same time *aren't* necessarily interested in dating you can be very powerful and important. Do you know of any local resources you could get in touch with, and would you be interested? We can also help give you more information if you're willing to share your location (either something general like country or something more specific like city.) [Smile]

Is he gay or not? We can't really know because it's a label we attach to ourselves. It can describe our overall preferences but I do agree that most people's sexualities are more or less fluid.

It sounds like this guy due to both sexual and friendship-related reasons. However, unfortunately, judging from his actions, he sounds not only not emotionally available/open to the relationship but even quite unkind in how he's treating you. I do understand that for cultural reasons, being gay is not something acceptable to these friends and to him despite any real-life attractions.

That said, it's also not fair for him to do what he's doing, which is essentially confiding in and being sexual with you but then denying it to his friends and even having them disrespect you, intentionally or not. Their reactions do sound scary and uncomfortable, and I'm sorry people aren't more supportive. Being in such an environment can make being ok with yourself and your attractions even harder to deal with. Nonetheless, it's not a healthy relationship to be in or enter. People don't need to know exactly who or what they are but they should be a bit more open and honest with themselves and others.

It does sound like he may have been raped at that party. Rape is not sex but it does carry STI risks, too. He could have contracted an STI then but he has other partners and they all could have STIs. If he get tested for STIs, he will know for sure. If he has an STI, he can seek treatment and feel better for doing something. And if he doesn't have a STI, he can feel better knowing that, too. Getting tested is something that he -- and you, too -- should absolutely do. If you had unprotected oral sex, that is a risk. I'll post some information about testing below. [Smile]

I'm sorry that this situation isn't clearer and doesn't feel better. The bottom line is that he does not seem interested in a relationship with you. He's told you he's not gay and that he doesn't want to date you. If that is what you are looking for, then future interactions could continue to be quite confusing and even painful because you want different things.

Here are some articles:
Be a Blabbermouth! The Whats, Whys and Hows of Talking About Sex With a Partner
The Bees and...the Bees: A Homosexuality and Bisexuality Primer
Bi the Dozen: A Bisexuality Quiz
The Making of a Homo
Mouthing Off on Oral Sex
Anal Sex, Spermicides, Lube and the Best Expert of All
My Best Friend Is A Homophobe
Positively Informed: An HIV/AIDS Roundup
Potholes & Dead Ends: Relationship Roadblocks to Look Out For
Safe, Sound & Sexy: A Safer Sex How-To
Sexual Health 101: His
Safer Sex...for Your Heart
Testing, Testing...

Some other questions and answers:
http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advice/healing_and_dealing_with_triggers_and_fears_as_a_male_sexual_abuse_survivor
http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advice/i_thought_i_was_gay_but_now_im_questioning_my_orientation
http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advice/im_bisexual_so_why_dont_i_feel_exactly_the_same_about_men_and_women

Posts: 3318 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ecofem
Activist
Member # 13388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ecofem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Edit: Whoops, double-post! [Smile]

[ 12-09-2009, 04:28 PM: Message edited by: Ecofem ]

Posts: 3318 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
htman
Neophyte
Member # 44907

Hi Ecofem,

Thanks a lot for your reply,
i assume you r straight forward, and your point is that he just dont say it, then he is not intrested,
Now, after posting the above, and till now,i am seeing him everyday, and to be honest,
he likes always to be close to me, gym together, he prefers me over his old friends, and he is avoiding them sometimes,
he want me to go activities and concerts together,
he still likes to wrestle with me infront of his friends, we hug twice when we say goodbye,
but when i try to touch he say no, lets not repeat, so when i got upset, he start smiling and trying to keep me fine,
so he dont like to see me upset,
so what is his point, he knows that i like him, also, if i keep long not touching him he creates anything like kidding by hitting, he still lke flexing infront of me and need me to check on,
and many details i mentioned above, like when we went to hotel room together, i put my hand on him and he was sleeping and kept his hand on my hand pretending not knowing,
also, one time he shouted me, infront of his friend in the car, i wanted to leave, he didnt allow me, and next day all day appologizing,
what forces him?
he likes to take space from not seeing me everyday, like today, he didnt see me, although he promised,
he did that before, and after that he says sorry.

Now, what he needs?

Ecofem
Activist
Member # 13388

Hi htman,

You're welcome! I have three questions. Once you reply, I will get back to you with a longer response. I want to make sure I understand more details rather than assume anything. [Smile]

1. If I understand your question correctly, you want to know *why* he's acting the way he is and what *you* could do to _______? (I left that part blank because I'm not sure if you mean "to have a relationship" or "make him be open about our friendship" or "to have a sexual relationship"? I know that you are confused by his behavior but I'm not sure what you want as an end result-- friendship, relationship, sex, etc.?

2. Can you tell me more about the "hitting"? Is it like a little nudge or tickle or tap on the shoulder? Is it a hard and unexpected hit? Are you wrestling or training a martial art together? Have you two ever talked about this play-fighting?

3. Could you tell me where you're from? I understand wanting privacy so you don't have to tell me the city or country but if you can give me a general region (like Southest Asia, Central America, sub-Saharan Africa, Eastern Europe, etc.), it would really help me understand what cultural background you guys are coming from. Different places have different attitudes towards homosexuality. If he's from a place where homosexuality is illegal or even punishable by death, I can see how that's really going to affect how he identifies himself and what he's comfortable with on a social level.

Thanks! [Smile]

htman
Neophyte
Member # 44907

Thanks a lot, taht is so helpful and might provide some help:

answering your questions:
1- I already have friendship with him, though we know each other for less than two months, we saw each other a lot almost everyday, and he also confessed to me, that i am his best friend, and it is difficult to have more than one best friend as there will be conflict, I asked him why, answe was, that his friend he know before me complained, that he is seeing me a lot gyming with me not with him anymore, and not giving his time, and another lady friend of his, also complained that she thinks I am gay, and we are too close more than friends, also his roomates tease him atht he is gay because e spends most of his time with me,
Recent example: once we wnet shoping after gym, and he said if his roomates know he is with me now, they will think heis gay, as they think i am gay, i was upset, he said common if i care i wouldnt be with you,
Now answering your qusgtion I need a realtion ship, not sex for now but maybe more touching and cuddling and love,
Note: Last week we went concert, and he start wrestling with me infront of his friends, he started this, and always he tries to keep close to me when we go together, some girls approached us in concert and he was upset and approached closer to me, so there will always be unintended contact, i was taking photos, so he played with me as if hitting my abs,
but, if we are alone, and i touch him he says to stop, and when we say goodbye he always hug me

2-he likes wrestling with me, he said his other friends dont like it, so he likes to fight like grap my neck and i jump on top of his body, i mean physical wrestling, though he told me previously, after we came back from the beach trip and we stayed at hotel we should stop that, so he likes to wrestle, with me, even infront of his friends, he also, hate it when i touch him with no reason, there must be reason, like even he want me to check how big and hard his muscles or to wrestle and fight,
PS, i have short red swimming shorts, he took them and it is his favorite, he likes to take his dhirt off when i help him preparing food at his home, but same time we hug [Smile] whenever we leave

3- He is south african, i am lebanese, we live in gulf, in middle east, in very open advanced city, well known for its record in real estates [Smile]

My opinion, is he is confusing me, and he himself too confused, that if i got angry he want to please me, not allowing me to leave, and he wants to be close, as brothers and friends, maybe i ant more, for this i am expecting more,
so, not sure what he really is, but he says he is straight, and he knows i think that he is not.

Any other help pls?

htman
Neophyte
Member # 44907

commenting on answer 3, it is not common to be openly gay in the city,though there are many
Ecofem
Activist
Member # 13388

Hi htman,

Thank you for your honest and detailed answers, as always. It's nice talking to you. [Smile]

1. This is really helpful. It sounds like he wants a very close friendship with a lot of physical affection. It sounds closer than what many people would consider your average platonic relationship. Based on what his previous friend said, it kind of crosses the line between platonic and romantic with a lot of physical affection. However, it sounds like he is definitely not comfortable with anything sexual (at least at this point.)

While I do not know for sure, it does sound like he likes you a lot in various ways. It seems that he does not want a romantic/sexual relationship right now for various reasons: it could be because he's uncomfortable with labeling himself anything but straight or because he does not like sexual activities with other men (his being an abuse survivor may play a role in this but it could just be an overall preference thing.)

It sounds like he does not want anything sexual and does not want a relationship where you two are boyfriends or partners. However, it does sound like he is very happy with a close platonic-bordering-on-romantic/physical friendship with you. He could be "testing the waters" to see if he eventually wants a different type of relationship with you (as in, sexual) and how he can deal with the outside pressure OR he could just want things to stay this way indefinitely.

My question for you is: I know you'd *like* a relationship with him, but would you be ok if your friendship stays the way it is right now? If you say, "Yes!" then I say stick with it. If you say, "No, I want a relationship or nothing" then it might get disappointing or even painful over time. (I've been in that position with some female friends of mine who were close and expressed interest but weren't ready to have or really even honestly talk about having a relationship.) There's no right or wrong answer and what you want may change over time, it just helps to occasionally reflect on it. [Smile]

Here's an article you may find helpful: Supermodel: Creating & Nurturing Your Own Best Relationship Models

2. That sounds like a lot of positive and mutually-wanted physical affection to me. I asked because I wanted to make sure it was positive and wanted versus unwanted and uncomfortable, because the latter could be problematic. I think it can be hard for men and boys to express how they like and/or love their male friends due to homophobia in society... people are worried they might seem "gay" if they hug or kiss a friend, which would explain a lot of the towel snapping in high school locker rooms. [Wink] As long as you both enjoy it, go for it!

3. Thanks for sharing this, and I think I know where you are. [Smile] It's good that you two are in a place where you have some queer community, even if it's not common to be out, because that takes off some of the pressure even if it's still hard when people react like they are here. I know that South Africa has a diverse history of LGBT rights, including legalized same-sex marriage, protection against sexual orientation discrimination, and Pride events. That said, there is still a lot of homophobia and it can be dangerous to be out. I can understand his hesitation even if, legally, there's more support for him.

It's neat that you're Lebanon. I've meet a number of people of Lebanese origin throughout my life and my favorite restaurant growing up was Lebanese (random, I know!) In any case, [Wink] I know that homosexuality is still a crime but that there is an active gay rights movement.

I had asked because I wanted to see how culture influences how you label yourself, what support you have, and the like. It sounds like you're a good place in terms being comfortable with your sexual orientation, if not out to most -- which is understandable and fine [Smile] , whereas he's still figuring out who he is and what he's comfortable with.

I wish you both luck. I wish I had more definitive answers but I do not. I hope you can enjoy your friendship as is now and that you can continue to enjoy it as time goes on, whatever it may or may not become. [Smile]

htman
Neophyte
Member # 44907

Thanks a lot Ecofem for youe nice reply,
You seem looked into all the details and actions [Smile]

In fact I have two doubts:
1- Was he really drugged, as initially his story was he was drunk, then later when i reopened the subject i told him, i saw u drunk many time but u never lost control, then later he said he thinks he was druggrd.
Could it be a way to him that he had sex but was not his choice?

2nd- whenever he feels i am upset , he calms me down, yesterfday we wrestled twice in gym and we are all sweat and smelly [Smile] , i wouldnt do that to any guy if i dont like him, so how come str8 guy would wrestle with so sweaty mean for fun, not a serious match?
3- I remebred incident, next day he was sick , i went to his appartment, he was in bed, and he removed his shirt, i sat on his bed next to him, my hands on his back as he was lying on his stomack, and using laptop, i wa stouching all his back and legs, later he recieved a call and tunrend so, i touched his chest and nipples very much, and put pillow on his shorts so he feels protected [Smile] , and he let me,
why i dont know?

i am now sure, he is confused and he is gay, but he is freaked out what people will say
Also, yesterday i put photo of him and me and another friend on facebook, he went crazy and send me mesage, why i put it, what people will think, and if i keep posting such bad photos he will remove me from facebook,
i said it is ok, u can remove me,people will think of what?
it is just normal photo, and the people who he is afraid of all people were in his bd party.
3- Today , i told him a joke about his lady friend on facebook, he threatened to be angry, and i replied him i was supposed to be ur Best friend, now seems it changed, he then replied dont be like a baby, i dont have best or prefered friend , judt friends,
I replied in message ,,whatever...
He then replied, common, dont be ngry, u r my best friend, better now!

for me I am ok to be his friends for now, as i can feel he is jut waiting something, though he is becoming difficult

Ecofem
Activist
Member # 13388

[Hey htman, I've wanted to let you know that I've read your post and am thinking about you but won't get a chance to reply in depth for a bit due to having a lot of work. I'll catch you later if another volunteer doesn't step in first. [Smile] ]
htman
Neophyte
Member # 44907

thanks alot,
Awaiting your response

htman
Neophyte
Member # 44907

Just to add until you have time,,
I am now feeling better in terms of knowing how to deal with him, before i was fearing he will go away
, and seems when i stand stronger he becomes smoother, and for me now, friendship is ok, but he realy knows now how i feel towards him,
So, yesterday while gymming i was silent not laughing and he was talking, then he asked me, u r not in the mood, what is wrong, u r not laughing, so i will not talk to u then,
Strange, he always want me in the mood with him, and when he is not in the mood i shall understand, like 2 days back in gym he was arelly talking and telling me he want to concentrate,
In all cases, I told him yesterday, that i wont accept his tone of blame or shouting or whatever, and he said sorry,
then we went to cinema,
Also, we wrestled in gym yesterday like usual,
In cinema we have our shoulders very close all time,
Funny thing: His lady friend he knows, is so following him, and whenever we are not together, he runs to her,
yesterday she was posting very much on his wall, after he broke up with his girl friend as I mentioned,
So yesterday before gym as he picked me up, I told him seems ur gf will be upset as ur new lady friend is posting,
he told me u r more upset of her, I told him yes,

he told me u even have dick, I told him, **** u, yes, u want to see, and I geabbed my belt,
he felt i am serious, he told me dont do that, or I through you out of my car if u do it,
he thought I am serious [Smile] [Smile]
Then he told me if u continue to be upset with this, Then we cant be friend, i told him, let it be, i am not forcing, then he said i dont want to hurt you,and he imeadiatly changed the subject,

also, now when he tries to flex to me when we are alon,e i try to touch him less, he dont like it seems,
In all cases, now I feel I have to start treating him in a more stronger way, What u think?

htman
Neophyte
Member # 44907

any news?
Ecofem
Activist
Member # 13388

Hi htman,

I'm back for a bit after a long week at work and then traveling almost 24 hours to see my partner. Your situation is difficult to hear about because it seems so unhappy-- I wish I had a solution or special insight but at this point it seems clear to me that he's not interested in anything other than friendship. However, it's a friendship where he's leading you on in some ways (such as with the wrestling) and then being mean in other ways (threatening to stop being friends with you if you don't remove a Facebook photo of you two together.) That's not positive, happy or healthy for you and it seems to really make him incredibly uncomfortable.

It is up to you what you do but I do not see any possibly for the type of relationship or even friendship you'd like with him. I see yourself becoming increasingly frustrated and disappointed and even heartbroken if things continue this way. You can keep posting here but I don't think there's much more we can do for you in this particular situation. We're happy to talk about other things but ultimately what you see is what you get with this guy. I wish you the best. [Smile]

Ecofem
Activist
Member # 13388

[Hello again, htman! We moved your post to GLBT Relationships so you and other users can talk about this if you'd like. I'm sure others who have been in your shoes would like to share their experiences and offer their support and vice versa. [Smile] ]
htman
Neophyte
Member # 44907

Thanks a lot for your reply,
we were also on holidays, and after we are back, he was very good with me, we spend all days together and I am seeing him everyday,
A New thing:

he needed us to get a motor bike, and he told me litrellay that if i get it as well, then he will have excuses to stop seeing the Friend girl he hangs out, where he doesnt love her, but like to be with her, "so his roomates know that he is dating"
So I am now thinking about it,
What is your advice?

htman
Neophyte
Member # 44907

new updates?
Ecofem
Activist
Member # 13388

Hi htman,

Sorry you had to wait so long for a reply! As I said a few posts up, it's your decision if and how to continue your friendship with him. However, it seems clear to me that while he enjoys your company and being close to you, he's just not interested in anything more than a close platonic friendship with you. That's too bad because I know you'd like more and I'm sure it hurts and is confusing for him to tell you he wants distance from this girl friend of his but also wants to keep dating her so his friends think he's straight. There's actually a term for this, like gay male Hollywood stars who very publicly date/have a fake relationship with a woman, generally a fellow star, who is called a "beard," so the public doesn't suspect that the star is gay.

htman
Neophyte
Member # 44907

Hi Again,

Thanks for the reply,
I have new update, surprising in fact:
Last week we went to a night club with one friend, he was bit drunk before we were there as he was drinking in the day,
In the club, we had few drinks, and we went to the dance floor and not to make it long he danced with me all night and we were wrestling and i was hugging him from behind, as wrestling,
In the taxi back, he slept on my laps, and grapped my thighs all way, as if i didnt notice,
Nest day we both didnt remeber [Smile] [Smile]

What you think?

htman
Neophyte
Member # 44907

hi, any comments still?

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.