Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » I like girls but...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I like girls but...
Austere
Neophyte
Member # 35631

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Austere     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay so I've been posting here a bit for the last few weeks...

Anyway, I'm a transgendered lesbian. (Male to Female, but interested in other girls.) And I'm 19... Well, my problem is that I live in Georgia and for anyone familiar with the state, it's completely homophobic!! So, I have a hard time meeting lesbian girls my age. I go to a group of them every Tuesday, and it's cool, but I don't think they would like me because I don't have what they're looking for, right? I haven't had surgery yet. So, okay like my problem is that I think about sex and girls way too much and I feel really shitty when I do because I can't have a girlfriend so I wish I'd stop having sexual desire until I get fixed downstairs and I get my voice right so that I fit in... >_>

Posts: 25 | From: Atlanta | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Surferchk07
Activist
Member # 32276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Surferchk07     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can totally have a girlfriend! I know plenty of friends who are in transition, Male to Female and have found women who were into them as a person not them as a gender and therefor it was no big deal that they were in transition.

You just have to open your eyes and look around, And I now sometimes its like you want someone right now but believe me the time will come and the right person will show up who wont care that you are in transition and will just want to be with YOU as a person.

And as for trying to find people who may be looking for a relationship, I know Atlanta has some really good LGBTQ clubs that are 18 and over so maybe you should check some of those out. And yeah Georgia is very homophobic but there are spots that are not. And there is a pretty damn good gay community in Atlanta. So just keep your hopes up!

Posts: 154 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.