Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » I'm in love with my best friend

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I'm in love with my best friend
Kelsey
Neophyte
Member # 24070

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelsey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have told my four closest friends that I am gay.My closest of the four friends has always acted like she has feelings for me.In turn, I have fallen in love with her. I mean this is some deep stuff. Everybody in our school was convinced we were together. My friends tell me all the time to just tell everybody we go out because they already believe we do. She is very "close" with me. We have never kissed or anything, but she always wants to hug around and cuddle. I am so afraid that if I tell her she will say I misunderstood where she was coming from. But she acts gay. Where do I go from here? Do I tell her? I even dream about her, she is always on my mind.

------------------
Girl from Bama

Posts: 10 | From: Bridgeport, AL USA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, she's your best friend.

So, the very least you should be able to ask her -- without any agenda -- is how SHE feels about HER sexual orientation.

And that's where I'd suggest you start.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor & Founder
ST homepage • ST blog • about Heather & Scarleteen

Posts: 68212 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xlovespellx
Neophyte
Member # 24717

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xlovespellx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like my bi best friend too...hurts. I don't know what you should do...I;m stuck myself.xxx

------------------
*Never expect anything from , then you'll never be disapointed*

Posts: 8 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lady_ahriman
Neophyte
Member # 24830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lady_ahriman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know how you feel, I've been there. In fact I'm there right now. I'm bi and I've been friends with this girl for 5 years, and earlier this year we both came out to each other (I told her then immediately after she came out to me) after that we became very close. I quickly realized I was falling in love with her, but I was scared she didn't feel the same. After a month of mass confusion, I told her how I felt, and she said she felt the same. We've been dating ever since. It was a huge weight off my shoulders, and I DEFINITELY don't regret it. Theres only one way you can find out, telling her would be the best option, rather then loving from a distance and mourning what could've been.
Posts: 2 | From: Hell (Saskatoon), Canada | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.