Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

This topic has been transferred to this forum: Relationships.     next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » confused

Author Topic: confused
silent_darkness
Neophyte
Member # 13218

Icon 1 posted      Profile for silent_darkness     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Im kind of confused. (Plus I'm not sure if this post should go in this topic) I have a boyfriend of 1 year. We are very close and he's usually open minded on issues. But I could never get his close minded vision of homosexuals to change. Hes always saying things like, "I dont have a problem with them as long as they dont hit on me" But I know hes homophobic...Well recently I told him that I fantasize about women(because its NORMAl right?) Well, he totally freaked out and lived into this steriotype about lipstick lesbians! And started asking me if I would ever do a three way with another girl. Hes really sweet and understanding..but this botherd me and annoyed me to boot. I think, he thinks that I dont have a problem with him thinking this way, becasue my friend Emily and I soemtimes kiss each other (on the cheek) and hold hands. We never do this to get attention..I just dont see anythign wrong with friends holding hands. I always thought it was possible for friends to hold hands and not be gay. Can anyone help me to let him know(gently) that I'm annoyed and disturbed with his picture of me like that, and help me to not be so annoyed when he lives in denial about a "hot wet lesbian sex life"? THANKS ALOT!!

------------------
x We are the wakeful, wry and watchful, We're awaiting. DEATHLESS ONES x

Posts: 20 | From: Sharon Grove | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kythryne
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5460

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kythryne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How about something along the lines of "You know, it really bothers me that you keep asking me about lesbian sex and threesomes and things like that, especially since the things you're talking about are really just made-up stereotypes. I fantasize about women sometimes, and I'm really close to my friend Emily, but I don't want to have sex with a woman, and I'd really appreciate it if you'd stop dragging out all those stereotypes."

And I'm going to move this over the Relationships forum, because I think you'll get more responses there.

------------------
Kythryne Aisling
Scarleteen Advocate

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and go well with ketchup.

Posts: 1685 | From: New York City | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.