Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » Advice..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Advice..
drums4mylife
Neophyte
Member # 10689

Icon 3 posted      Profile for drums4mylife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello all~ Well this is kind of complicated, but I'll try to explain. I'm in high school, and I am still in the closet except to a couple of friends. One of my friends who knows about me told me that she would "fix me up" with one of her old classmates. This, of course, was good news, because, well, who DOESN'T want to go out with new people? She told me a bit about her, and that the only drawback might be that she has just been in a pretty bad breakup. This breakup was with a girl. When I dated guys, it didn't seem to bother them that they had just broken up with a girl and of course are moving on to another. I imagine, though, that a girl's outlook would be different. I just need advice on how to act, or how to address this (if at all), in the event that we do go out, because I have never been in this situation. Any advice would be most appreciated. Thanks, ~Alex~

------------------
"Jesus! Who do you have to blow to get some pussy around here?!"-Kissing Jessica Stein

"Nature gives you the face you have at twenty. It is up to you to merit the face you have at fifty."-Coco Chanel

Posts: 16 | From: DC Area | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think a girl's outlook necessarily differs from a guy's. but i do think if she's still hurting from a breakup, then definitely take things very slowly and don't be surprised if she's just not ready to go. but who knows, maybe she's actually ready to see other people, in which case you're good to go

------------------
Don't be coward like shrimp, be brave like PRAWN!

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KandyKorn17
Activist
Member # 9729

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KandyKorn17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It sounds like a PERFECT relationship to me. Since your still in the closet, for the most part, I'm assuming you're not ready to be making out with some girl in the hallways yet... Haha, well neither is she! So there you go! You both can take it slow.
Posts: 98 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.