Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » I don't know what to do...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I don't know what to do...
Kajego
Neophyte
Member # 9446

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Kajego     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have an (internet) girlfriend, and I've been wanting to tell my parents. The thing is, I'm female...and I haven't told them that I'm bisexual; I really want to wait. So basically, I'm torn.

Does anyone have any advice? Thanks.

Posts: 14 | From: Bordentown, New Jersey, USA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chyna2255
Neophyte
Member # 7673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chyna2255     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My advice is if you really want to wait the that is what you should do don't force yourself into doing something your not ready to do
Posts: 25 | From: denver,co,usa | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shenzie2007
Activist
Member # 9027

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shenzie2007     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.scarleteen.com/gaydar/out.html
^
|
This may help a bit.

Posts: 73 | From: dallas, texas, usa | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kajego
Neophyte
Member # 9446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kajego     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for your help; I just recently told my mother. I'm glad I did, but...she seems to beleive that you have to be one or the other, and that I'll hurt the person I'll end up marrying/living with... We had an argument about it, and things settles down... She also seems to think I need my psycholigist to help me 'sort out my feelings' and 'help with the problem'. Oh, well...It wasn't as bad as it could've been, right? But still... But again, thank you.

Posts: 14 | From: Bordentown, New Jersey, USA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jazzpenguin
Activist
Member # 5272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jazzpenguin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can only help you using my experience, but if it doesn't feel the right time, then wait a bit. Remember, don't lie if she asks you anything, but there's no obligation to tell her.

------------------
jz

Posts: 59 | From: London, UK | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cumquat
Neophyte
Member # 9949

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cumquat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went to a therapist for a little while (not becuase I'm bi, my parents don't know) and when I told her all she said was "It's just a phase". I didn't enjoy part of my idnetity being dismissed like that!

edited for silly spelling.
------------------
"I want to live like I type--fast, and with lots of mistakes"

[This message has been edited by cumquat (edited 09-22-2002).]

Posts: 14 | From: VA, USA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluefaerie
Neophyte
Member # 10017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluefaerie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah thats what my mom said too.. that my friends bi-ness was just a phase. and she's scared that i'm bi (i think i am) cuz i kissed a girl. its weird having parents with different morals or something than you
Posts: 7 | From: CA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Roses
Activist
Member # 9928

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Roses     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you can find a therapist you know is GLBT-friendly, it could help a lot just getting through any problems you have related to sexuality or anything else - your parents might have done that meaning to "straighten you out" so to speak, but you could turn the tables on them if you do some research and find a therapist on your own ;-)
Posts: 105 | From: Bryn Mawr, PA, USA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.