Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » Favorite GLBT movies

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Favorite GLBT movies
BlackRoseFaery
Activist
Member # 7365

Icon 10 posted      Profile for BlackRoseFaery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just wondering what are everyone's favorite GLBT movies?

I like Hedwig and the Angry Inch, Better than Chocolate, and Lost & Delirious.

------------------
Some days the line I walk, turns out to be straight. Other days the line tends to deviate. - Ani DiFranco

Posts: 88 | From: Hixson, TN, US | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scribbled
Neophyte
Member # 8849

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scribbled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yay! I get to be the first to mention But I'm a Cheerleader!

Posts: 17 | From: Minneapolis | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kite
Activist
Member # 5957

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Cabaret" by Bob Fosse is one of my favorite movies. I like "Better Than Chocolate" too. "Heavenly Creatures" with Kate Winslet is also pretty good. "Gods and Monsters" with a very sexy Brendan Fraser is very very good but also very very depressing. "Chutney Popcorn" is a sweet movie.

Ah, gotta get myself to the video store!

Posts: 127 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrQuack5
Activist
Member # 2748

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrQuack5     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Drat!! I wanted to mention "But I'm a Cheerleader".

I love that movie!

Posts: 290 | From: Minneapolis | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
indigodazed
Activist
Member # 6681

Icon 1 posted      Profile for indigodazed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like:

Hedwig and the Angry Inch
Velvet Goldmine
But I'm a Cheerleader
Boys Don't Cry
and
Better Than Chocolate

among others.

Posts: 57 | From: Minneapolis | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RegulaFrankieFan
Neophyte
Member # 9104

Icon 10 posted      Profile for RegulaFrankieFan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OO, yay! I"m the first one for this movie... How could you forget Rocky Horror? :-P In my opinion, it's oe of the best GLBT movies (even tho I'm hetero).

------------------
*~*No Day But Today*~*

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackRoseFaery
Activist
Member # 7365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackRoseFaery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh! How could I have forgot But I'm a Cheerleader...I even have it on DVD.
Posts: 88 | From: Hixson, TN, US | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sapphirecat
Activist
Member # 5317

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sapphirecat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ack... I need a VCR or something. The only thing I've seen out of the movies mentioned so far is the Rocky Horror Picture Show. *sigh*

------------------
Sapphire Cat
Looks won't tell who's living inside.
Artist, poet, programmer, dreamer, and crossdressing bondage kitty

Posts: 235 | From: Louisville KY (St. Matthews) | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sh!mmeR!ng*staR
Activist
Member # 6475

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sh!mmeR!ng*staR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
but i'm a cheerleader
get real
all over me
better than chocolate (kim is fiiine! she looks like i imagine haruka from sailormoon would, lol.)

there's more that i'm forgetting x_x oh well..

------------------
Prosperity that
the golden Muses
gave me was no
delusion: dead, I
won't be forgotten
-Sappho

Posts: 97 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
milkiemaid1144
Neophyte
Member # 9269

Icon 12 posted      Profile for milkiemaid1144     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BAM!!! Rocky Horror Pcture Show ROX!
Posts: 6 | From: Corpus Christi, Texas, USA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mistress_monkey
Activist
Member # 7467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mistress_monkey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
but i'm a cheerleader
velvet goldmine (does that count?)
i shot andy warhol

------------------
Hail Eris! KaAAIXTI! All hail Discordia! 23 Skidoo!

"If you're going to be a non-conformist, you're going to have to wear the uniform."

Posts: 158 | From: grrrrr, nowhere, usa | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cichi_cichi_yaya_dada
Neophyte
Member # 9360

Icon 10 posted      Profile for cichi_cichi_yaya_dada     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love But I'm A Cheerleader and Rocky Horror. (My grandmother went to high school with the read head, Susan Sarandon.) But have any of you ever heard of Head On? I think that's what it's called. It's about a Greek gay guy. :confused
Posts: 12 | From: USA, PA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ellabee
Neophyte
Member # 9419

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ellabee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeffery
slightly kooky
medium sad
medium funny
VERRRY Good

Posts: 4 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cheshire_kitty
Neophyte
Member # 9483

Icon 6 posted      Profile for cheshire_kitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My faves would have to be:
*Better than Chocolate.
*Rocky Horror Picture Show.
*Even Cowgirls Get the Blues (That is one weird movie).
*Velvet Goldmine.

Posts: 6 | From: Bacchus Marsh, Victoria, Australia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mistress_monkey
Activist
Member # 7467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mistress_monkey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cheshire, if you get the chance, read the actual book "even cowgirls get the blues". the movie sucks compared to it.

------------------
Hail Eris! KaAAIXTI! All hail Discordia! 23 Skidoo!

"If you're going to be a non-conformist, you're going to have to wear the uniform."

Posts: 158 | From: grrrrr, nowhere, usa | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cheshire_kitty
Neophyte
Member # 9483

Icon 6 posted      Profile for cheshire_kitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mistress_monkey:
cheshire, if you get the chance, read the actual book "even cowgirls get the blues". the movie sucks compared to it.

Oooh I must read it! Hmmm.... A friend of mine might have it.... ^_^

Posts: 6 | From: Bacchus Marsh, Victoria, Australia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gurl15
Neophyte
Member # 9642

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gurl15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone heard of Bar Girls or GO FISh?

I like the classics!

Posts: 7 | From: Charlotte,NC,US | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gurl15
Neophyte
Member # 9642

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gurl15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I almost forgot, I'm lucky to be the first to say Broken Hearts Club and the hilarious The Birdcage!
Posts: 7 | From: Charlotte,NC,US | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ukartgurl
Neophyte
Member # 9009

Icon 6 posted      Profile for ukartgurl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GIA WITH ANGELINA JOLIE AND BOUND

[This message has been edited by ukartgurl (edited 04-18-2005).]

Posts: 10 | From: uk | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TXRebelGirl
Activist
Member # 9782

Icon 6 posted      Profile for TXRebelGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL Man you all hit the nail on the head. I played in Rocky Horror in Houston, TX for six years so I'm forever devoted but by far and large Bar Girls is THE BEST I have ever seen as far as realism. Jeffery was also GREAT. I'm so glad Foxfire was mentioned. Looks like you all covered all the bases...I just wanted to chime in on behalf of the, what I feel is underrecognized, Bar Girls!

------------------
"If Microsoft had things their way there would be no books, only comic strips..."

Posts: 61 | From: Houston, TX, USA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.