Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » Help, I have a crush on my best friend!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help, I have a crush on my best friend!
CherryLips
Neophyte
Member # 7972

Icon 4 posted      Profile for CherryLips     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just recently posted a message about being bi, and so is my best friend. I think I have a crush on her. She has never been with a girl, and we have made out before. But she has a boyfriend right now. I think one of the reasons I like her is because she is one of the only people I have a chance with! I don't know any other bi's. It's not that I'm ugly, I just can't find any other lesbians or bi-sexuals, and I don't have good relationships with guys! HELP, any advice please give.
Posts: 8 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob18
Neophyte
Member # 7848

Icon 6 posted      Profile for bob18     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As a straight (possibly bi) guy I can only say this!
Tell your friend how you feel!
If you dont you'l never know if she feels the same about you!
My Ex is Bi so I symphasise with your fealings as I experienced it with her!
(We were friends and she thought she was 100% gay)
Good Luck

Bob

[This message has been edited by bob18 (edited 04-30-2002).]

Posts: 27 | From: Poole, Dorset, England | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jewishpunk
Activist
Member # 8056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jewishpunk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, bob 18 is right. I'm a bi too, and when I told people they understood. I dated this boy one time, and his sister was one of my best friend.After me and her brother broke up, I asked her out. To my surprise she said yeah. You should really tell her how you feel.
Posts: 67 | From: Some unknown planet beyond the solar system. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NormalDancinGuy
Neophyte
Member # 9262

Icon 12 posted      Profile for NormalDancinGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Cherry i know what your feelin cuz im freakin Bi and ive got a crush on my best friend too but hes not bi (nor gay) Just to say - you should tell your friend how you feel about your relationship with her - maybe she feels the same way

------------------
Everyone Dies- But not everybody truely lives

Posts: 10 | From: Saint Louis | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mnsouthpawjr
Activist
Member # 9384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mnsouthpawjr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This reply may be of no use since the first post was more than 3 months ago. However, my advice still could help others.

Have you looked at joining a GLBT group to meet others? This will likely help you. There liekly or more people in your own shoes and you won't know til you meet others.

Have you talked to your best friend? Even though, she is BI, this may make things worse. How often do opposite sex best friends make it as a couple? The frienship could lose it's appeal when you add being a couple to the equation. I'm glad you respect that she has a b-f and you that you appeared to want to give her space.

I know when you posted this message, you wanted a relationship and felt alone. Everyone encounters it at very aspect in our lives.

[This message has been edited by mnsouthpawjr (edited 08-08-2002).]

Posts: 73 | From: Louisville, KY USA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.