Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » need advice

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: need advice
jag94
Neophyte
Member # 7436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jag94     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think one of my roomates is gay or bi, but I don't know for sure, and I don't know how to find out. I am very attracted to him, he has said and done things that made me think he might be gay, but I didn't want to ask. If he is not gay or bi then I don't want him to know I'm bi, that's why I don't know how to find out. He has done some things that made me think he might be flirting with me, but I've never been for sure. It's been on my mind a lot, how can I find out?
Posts: 2 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well honestly hon, if you are not intending to ask him about his sexual orientation and if he isn't going to volunteer the information himself, there is no way you can find out if he is gay or bi.

I would say that it isn't safe to take his gestures and actions as a gauge for his sexual orientation because they simply are not reliable.

If you really don't want to ask, and that really is the only way you can find out for sure, I would suggest you sit tight until you find out for sure (you never know, he might just admit it to you). Either that or bring up a topic on sexual orientation and see what he has to say about it.

And really, there is no big deal coming out to him since it seems he is quite open on the subject but if you think you might be subject to bigotry or if your other roommates will make life difficult for you upon knowing of your sexual orientation then it's probably better to just not say anything for the moment.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.