Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » Hates the term "*** HAG!"

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hates the term "*** HAG!"
Spin
Neophyte
Member # 6025

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have no idea whether any of you girls have the same problem or not, but i hate the term people use for girls that hang around mostly gay men - *** Hags! I take it personally because HAG kinda makes it sound like im ugly OMG! I know thats really stupid. I just love my gay bois though I live with one, and i work for one, and i prefer the gay clubs. I think I'd rather be called a "Fruity Fly."

------------------
Good Times :)

Posts: 13 | From: Dallas, Texas | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smittenkitten
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2297

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smittenkitten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
True, it's not nice at all.

Perhaps they're jealous of you.

I've got some gay friends, but I've never been called a hag within my school community.

Hugs & Scully,
Winnie :0)

P.S. Welcome to Scarleteen!

Posts: 465 | From: Canberra, ACT, Australia | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spin
Neophyte
Member # 6025

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, gay bois don't use that term in a derogatory way - its just like "Oh thats Kimberly, Chris's FagHag." All the gay boys love me though Im just like - No, Im not a faghag, im his bestfriend.

Posts: 13 | From: Dallas, Texas | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i never take it as an insult. in fact, i take it as quite the compliment. i have a goodly number of gay friends. i hadn't heard of it till one of my friends dubbed me as his "hag." imho, i interpret it as meaning that he thinks of me as a good friend.

------------------
I bust my arse so that I can get somewhere in life, so why am I not there yet?

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smittenkitten
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2297

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smittenkitten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I have a lesbian friend who gets called a hag by straight guys, and believe me, it isn't a compliment.

I guess you learn something new every day.

Hugs & Scully,
Winnie :0)

Posts: 465 | From: Canberra, ACT, Australia | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spin
Neophyte
Member # 6025

See - Im a straight girl that has lots of gay guy friends, not a lesbian.

I don't know WHY, im offended by the term in general - cuz I know Im a hottie I just think its an outdated term. I think I'll just refer to myself as - a friend of the family - Or a - Fairy Collector -

P*L*U*R

------------------
Good Times :)

violet
Neophyte
Member # 4577

Icon 1 posted      Profile for violet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah, i know what you mean, i hate being called that. i think its probably because in my mind i link that term to the kind of girl whose just gotta have a gay male friend, almost as an accessory. who just love gay guys cos they're 'so adorable!', but if one of her friends told her she was a lesbian would have quite a major problem with it. and the way its almost essential in sitcoms and 'twentysomething bittersweet dramas' to have a gay male best friend. i know its a huge stereotype and probably not very fair, but on the other hand i did go to school with a fair few people like that.
x
p.s. sorry, think i got a bit carried away with the 'bunny rabbits'.

Posts: 29 | From: London, England | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.