Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » to tell or not to tell

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: to tell or not to tell
tigerwolf
Neophyte
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tigerwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need advice badly. there is this girl that I have a major crush on, and she says that she likes me too. we are always flirting and finding ways to sit together and at least touch. the other day she came up to me and told me that I looked sexy.
the problem is that she's afraid to tell her family or friends that she is bisexual, meaning that we can't actually date. I'm not going to make her do something she's not ready for but I just don't know what to do. do I keep flirting with her and stay friends? Or do I sit back and wait for her to decide when she wants to date me? I just know how to handle the situation.

Posts: 2 | From: Georgia,USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaffer
Activist
Member # 2105

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Gaffer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First of all, welcome to Scarleteen.

Down to buisness. I think you should ask her what she thinks you should do. In your situation I would probably beg her to come out, but that's because I wouldn't recognize what a weird situation that would put her in. She'll probably be able to clear up what exactly is going on with your relationship.

------------------
I am not who I appear to be.

Gaffer--from under the moon backstage

Posts: 356 | From: Phoenix--name that plurally | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jazzpenguin
Activist
Member # 5272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jazzpenguin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Talk. Have patience.

Those are the 2 things which I think are most important, and certainly in this case. I agree with gaffer in that you should talk to her about the situation. However, without trying to undermine anyone, and please understand this is just my opinion, I would never ask anyone to come out.

A couple of my friends who know I'm gay have badgered me about coming out completely. I hate it. Who I tell and when I tell is up to me, and nobody should force anyone else to come out.

Just give her time, and let things work themselves out. Strangely enough, they usually do.

------------------
jz

Posts: 59 | From: London, UK | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.