Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » Can someone help me out?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can someone help me out?
stardust_pixie
Neophyte
Member # 4578

Icon 3 posted      Profile for stardust_pixie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is my first relationship with another girl, and I was just wondering: How can we have 'safe' sex? What precautions can we take? Should we both get tested first? I just want this to be remotely devoid of problems... This will be my first sexual experience, and I don't want to take any risks... Thanks so much

------------------
~*~StArDuSt PiXiE~*~

Posts: 5 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaffer
Activist
Member # 2105

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gaffer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First of all, welcome to the boards.

Hmmm, first I recommend you check out our Sex Readiness Checklist. Testing for STD's is always good, and there are other things on the list you might not even think of (a couple sure caught me off guard when I first read it). Then, if you pass, you can check out our safer sex articles. Dental dams, seran wrap (I don't even care how that's supposed to be spelled 8^), or condoms cut lengthwise all work as protection for oral sex and latex gloves with a lot of lube come in handy (agh, the accidental puns) too. The article goes into a little more depth and is more thorough. Then, have fun.

Posts: 356 | From: Phoenix--name that plurally | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
broccolidiva
Activist
Member # 4409

Icon 10 posted      Profile for broccolidiva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Being safe is always good.

You can purchase dental dams quite easily. Condoms cut lengthwise aswell as saran wrap can be used in lieu of a dental dam. These safe sex tools are used for oral sex (eating out.) It's generally good to use lots of lube aswell.

I'd also suggest rubber gloves for manual stimulation (fingering.) Again, LUBE! There is nothing more painful than chafing on the walls of the vagina. OUCH!

Yes, it's quite a good idea to both get tested for STDs. It's advisable to get it done twice throughout the upcomming year.

Mostly, stay safe and have a wonderful time.

Love always,
Brocc

Posts: 66 | From: Toronto, ON, Canada | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.