Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » In and Out (not the movie)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: In and Out (not the movie)
Laughs_Wisely
Activist
Member # 2610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laughs_Wisely     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have acquired a dildo. I like it. It's pretty. A large number of my other friends think it's silly. They seem to think that my desire for penetration indicates that I'm not really a lesbian, just a bisexual with a strong leaning towards women. Does this make sense to anyone else? I'm not exactly struggling with it, I'm just curious as to the opinions of others.
Posts: 140 | From: Saskatoon, SK, Canada | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, what do you think? There really is no such thing as hetereosexual sex and homosexual sex. Sex should be pleasurable. Period. And if you think penetration is pleasurable for you, that's all there really is. It's just like saying if a hetereosexual couple has anal sex, the guy is homosexually inclined.

Some lesbians use dildos, some don't. It really doesn't mean anything and if your friends choose to read so much into the fact that you bought a dildo, let them.

And just a side note, you might want to put a condom over your dildo when you are using it. Not only for hygiene reasons but also because your dildo will, well, live longer.

Information courtesy of our spanking new sexpert.

[This message has been edited by Lin (edited 05-27-2001).]

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laughs_Wisely
Activist
Member # 2610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laughs_Wisely     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah...probably should've addressed that earlier... Personally, I think they're all nuts, as a lesbian is, simply put (and this is, by no means, an absolute definition), a woman who is only attracted to other women. I am a woman who is only attracted to other women. I just like the feeling.

And I do use a condom over the dildo. It feels nicer.

Posts: 140 | From: Saskatoon, SK, Canada | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mary
Activist
Member # 2769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know what? I have a heterosexual friend who doesn't like penetration... It just doesn't fancy her much. But does it make her a lesbian? Heck no! It just means that she doesn't like penetration.

I'm a lesbian, and I fancy penetration as well. I like the feeling. But just because I like to be pleased in that manner doesn't mean that I am sexually attracted to males. To tell you the truth, I don't even see much of a connection between penetration and males in my life. A dildo's a dildo, a man is a man.

------------------
Mary, Mary, quite contrary, how does your garden grow?

"Well, I use fertilizer and a new product I got at The Home Depot."

Posts: 500 | From: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.