Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » LGBTQA Relationships » My recently out best friend, part two

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My recently out best friend, part two
AndreaK81
Neophyte
Member # 428

Icon 9 posted      Profile for AndreaK81     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey everyone, thanks for listening to me rant off my problems again. If anyone cares, I posted a message realting to this earlier in the month (My recently out best friend) the most recent post was on July 9th. Anyway... here we go..
This guy is one of my besy friends, I adore him, weve been frends for awhile.. I jsut don't know anymore. His mood seems to cary from like great to very irritable and whiny. He has always been one subject to mood swings.. but lately it's been ridiculous. I don't know what to do anymore, I'm terrified that hes' trying to avoid me.. or what if the fact that he's always busy when I call legit? I.. can't bear the thought of losing this friendship, but he's being such a jerk lately.. I don't know what to do. He seems so indifferent.

Sorry for all of my ranting.. someone.. please give me advice. Thanks.

Posts: 7 | From: the metro area of MN | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LADY JUVENILE
Neophyte
Member # 697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LADY JUVENILE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
YOUR NOT RANTING YOU JUST TELLING HOW YOU FEEL. BUT ANYWAY IT SOUNDS LIKE HE HIDEING SOMETHING FROM YOU OR DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO TALK ABOUT WHAT HIS FEELING. WHEN YOU CAN FIND THE TIME CALL HIM AND BEFORE HE CAN SAY ANYTHING SAY I REALLY NEED TO TALK TO YOU . TELL HIM HOW YOU ARE FEELING AND SEE WHAT IS UP TO AND PROBABLY WHAT HE IS FEELING . HE MIGHT NOT FEEL LIKE TALKING AT FIRST BUT JUST GIVE HIM A LITTLE TIME AND HE'LL OPEN UP . BUT TRULY IT SOUND LIKE SOMETHING IS BOTHERING HIM IN MANY WAYS BUT DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO EXPRESS THEM. HIT ME BACK AND TELL ME HOW IT GOES OR IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS
ONE LOVE LADY J

Posts: 29 | From: WOODLAWN, MD,USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LADY JUVENILE
Neophyte
Member # 697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LADY JUVENILE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry for screaming but I'm trying to stop using all caps I'm not really scream though
Posts: 29 | From: WOODLAWN, MD,USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AndreaK81
Neophyte
Member # 428

Icon 4 posted      Profile for AndreaK81     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey!
Thanks for helping me out with him once again. I appreciate it. He does have a boyfriend.. but I'm not too sure how stable their relationship is... (they split up once already). And you're exactly right.. it feels like this barrier has spung up between us. While I was out with him this past thursday, he said that I bring out his straight saide... whatever that means. I apaologzed, but he said it's nothing to worry bout.. but.. I.. enh.. Hime coming out makes it feel like things have changed between us, and they shouldn't have. especiall;y since I had a gut feeling about his orientation before he came out. I didn'
t care then and I do not care now! I wish I had some sort of answers, because I do not want to lose my relationship with him.. I would love for things to be the way they were... we used to have this brother sister relationship.., but now it feels like we're distant friends almost. *sigh* Thanks for reading all my feelings on this subject yet again!!
Andrea
p.s. I just want to add that I don't feel jealous towards his boyfriend. I met him once, and he seems like a pretty cool guy even. (but he has a VERY overprotective mother!)
thanks...

Posts: 7 | From: the metro area of MN | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glitter Princess
Activist
Member # 995

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glitter Princess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If your still checking this post, let me tell you, I had the same thing happen to me and my bi-now gay best friend. Except it was a little different. We grew close to best friend status after he confided in me with his choice. After a few months, he seemed to put up this barrier, we got into fights, he had these mood swings...actually everything you described happened. After a couple of weeks, he appologized, told me what happened in one of his relationships, and begged me to forgive him. It's been a couple months since, and I love him to death of course ) Just give him a lil time and space, he should respond.
Posts: 70 | From: a boring life in a boring town with the same old crowd | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.