Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENTS & HELPS » Staff Stuff » Miz Scarlet one question for you! :)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Miz Scarlet one question for you! :)
Summertime455
Neophyte
Member # 28239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Summertime455     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Miz Scarlet,
I have recently joined this website, because it seemed very interesting, and also feel like its a very open and accepting community, of people who are not shallow-minded.
I have noticed that there are some volunteers on this site, who give advice, and i was wondering how you can get to be in that position on this site? I myself am currently taking psychology, and i eventually want to be a psychologist. I know that's not very relevant, I just want you to know I enjoy helping people with their problems, and feel like I generally give good advice.
Any feedback on my question would be excellent, thanks for you time! And again you have an awesome website which you created:)
~Summertime

Posts: 24 | From: Northeastern US | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I'm not Miz Scarlet, but I can answer your question.

The moderators on Scarleteen are chosen by Miz S. based on how they have shown knowledge about sex and all related topics, posting etiquitte and general all around knowledge. It's usually people who've been hanging around the boards for a while, and have a good post history and have been helpful to other users.

We always love to see users helping out, so even if you aren't a moderator, we encourage everyone to post if they have something relevent and useful to add. You've done wonderful so far, so keep up the good work! [Smile]

--------------------
Abbie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Us? Keep Us Around by Donating!

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Summertime455
Neophyte
Member # 28239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Summertime455     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks jamsessionVT for answering my quesion. Yeah, that sounds right, the moderators should be around for a while!
~Summertime

Posts: 24 | From: Northeastern US | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Well, what I meant was that the mods have had enough time on the boards to show the above qualities. We've had mods who have been recruited after a few months, and those who have become volunteers after a few years.)

--------------------
Abbie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Us? Keep Us Around by Donating!

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Summertime455
Neophyte
Member # 28239

Okay [Smile]
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just to make that crystal, we generally require that someone we start to consider as a mod has at least 50 posts under their belt, over a reasonable period of time - as in, not in a rush to just rack up posts.

[Smile]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67131 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.