Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Parents, Adults and Teens » i don't know what to do...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: i don't know what to do...
sunlvr15
Activist
Member # 13290

Icon 7 posted      Profile for sunlvr15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well as you know sunday is fathers day..well i have no idea what to do for my dad. for mothers day i made my mom something (i can't say...i could get in trouble) but yeah..well i can't make my dad the same type of thing i made my mom because he can't use it..so i have no clue what to do..i would make a c-d..but he doesn't have a c-d player..i don't know how to make a tape player, and i don't have alot of money to get him something..plus i don't want to buy him anything..i didn't buy my mom anything..so why should i buy him somethng..right. anyways..i really have no idea what to do..any hints? thanks :-D
Posts: 57 | From: Va | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bioncamoma
Neophyte
Member # 13177

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Bioncamoma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you make a cd and if you have a cd/tape player in one you can make the cd into a tape. Just play the cd and push down play and record on the tape deck.
Posts: 4 | From: Canada | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ecofem
Activist
Member # 13388

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Ecofem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know this sounds like what 3rd graders are recommended to make for their parents, but how about just a really nice homemade card with a long, hearfelt message from you in it? You could make it an awesome 3-D homemade card, like with glitter or little plastic figurines from a craft store, or make a collage out of newspaper cuttings/magazine pictures. What he'll appreciate the most, of course, is your personal note... like, "I'm glad you're my dad, I love how I can always go to you for English help" or whatever, if it applies... You could look at it this way, many teachers get tons of gifts for Teacher Appreciation Day or Winter holidays, but what they really appreciate most is a meaningful letter, because it won't break or clutter up their already full houses (although gift certificates can be great for them, too!)

Also, what about making a coupon book? I've made these before and know tons of other people do, too. You could make a few coupons for things like "A walk together" or "A homemade dinner made by you for me." Chances are, he'll be glad to spend more time with you or glad that you thought of him, so what you get isn't as important as the thought behind it. Good luck!

Posts: 3318 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The1andonlyAmber
Activist
Member # 12779

Icon 10 posted      Profile for The1andonlyAmber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bake him some cookies with iced msgs on them, or like above, a meal.

Write a poem, anything that you've had to have tanken time over or thought about would be good.

------------------
Why is it that the person that makes you cry, is the only one who can make you stop.

Posts: 51 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sunlvr15
Activist
Member # 13290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunlvr15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok..those are some great ideas..i have a bit to think of it..but thanks so much for the ideas!
Posts: 57 | From: Va | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you're at all crafty you could make him something -- my father's getting a hat I'm knitting. Not such a practical gift since it's currently insanely hot out but he'll enjoy it this winter.

Moving to Parents, Adults and Teens.

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I took my dad to see Bruce Almighty. He enjoyed it. And I got something out of the deal.
Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.