Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Pregnancy and Parenting » Dealing through anxiety

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dealing through anxiety
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone that's ever missed a period or stood by a partner that has knows how much anxiety comes with waiting to be able to take a pregnancy test and of course the feelings after taking a test whether positive or negative. Stress doesn't help the wait, and is no good company. Sometimes that stress and anxiety sticks around and just nags at you.

So what do you do to make it through the days? How do you lessen the stress and anxiety - not allowing it to control every aspect of your life? What would you say to someone else going through that anxiety?

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scozta
Neophyte
Member # 81091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scozta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To get through my days before my pregnancy test, I would think about it constantly. It interfered with work, and this is the one that wanted my pregnancy. I finally had to write down the pros and cons of pregnancy and leave it alone until I could take my test. However if you've had a missed period, it should show up in a test. I was able to take my test 7 days gestation and saw a faint line, so I hadn't even missed my period yet.

All I can really say is use your normal stress relief and try to only think about the good parts if you are pregnant, and the good parts if you are not. I'm so sorry that you have to wait, and that it's scaring you.

I personally would attempt the test now, then wait two weeks and take it again if there is no line. If there is a line, well then you're pregnant, no matter how faint.

--------------------
"They say when you die, your life flashes before your eyes. Make it worth watching."

Posts: 8 | From: Montana | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.